OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Kimax BS-U25WF - MT7620 Travel Router with Battery and HD

The content of this topic has been archived between 30 Apr 2018 and 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-320_revb1 chapter "debricking"

Has anyone managed to access the drive over WiFi/LAN while it is plugged into another device (like a TV for instance) via the USB cable?

For me it's either one or the other and I'm trying to work out if this is a software limitation or a hardware limitation.

Guys,

I think I have bricked my KIMAX, by using the wrong image - namely from the initial post in this topic - poster Kh_Shad

Can someone tell me how can I fix it? Is there a way to get it on the line again? It looks like the LAN interface comes up, but I do not know on what IP address.

Thank you for your efforts in advance.

Update - KIMAX wan not bricked - I was able to logon and upload the later image from the post of prisoner1969. All went OK, but I did set my Kimax in bridged mode and now I do not have access to the web setup interface.
Can someone tell me how to reset the KIMAX - what is the sequence for it.

Apart from that the KIMAX work amazingly well as bridged AP under OpenWRT - gave me 65 Mbits/s smile.

Thank toy again.

I am even able to see the message: "Msg from 192.168.1.1: Please press button now to enter failsafe!" from the Kimax (IP address 192.168.1.1) . Unfortunately when I press the button on the back - nothing happens, the boot process completes and my Kimax goes to a bridge mode.

Any attempts to SSH to 192.168.0.1 are not successful.

Please - any help will be highly appreciated.

Im trying to summarize the U25 device
There are 3 kind of U25 devices
U25WF - MT7620N one antena -->> can be installed custom openwrt from original web interface using kh_shad image
U25AWF - MT7620N 2 antenas -->> can be installed custom openwrt from original web interface using kh_shad image
U25WF - RT5350F one antena -->> is it openwrt able ?

*custom mean not original firmware shipped with the device.
Using custom firmware from kh_shad mean that I can't install software using normal methode (opkg install), so I have to compile the software before I can install it on the firmware, is that right ?

----another question-------
Is it possible to plug usb modem and using it as 3gwireless router ?
or is it wireless NAS with openwrt only ?

thank you

(Last edited by uabuner on 7 Nov 2016, 08:15)

I have U25AWF with MT7260A. After flash wrong image I have bricked device - no led, no wifi, no wan. Can any help me? Need UART pins, better photo. Thanks.

Hello!
Thanks to this thread I was able to flash the OpenWrt firmware to my newly bought Kimax BS-U25WF.
In particular thanks to RinaGute for letting us use his patched firmware.
I posted the whole procedure on my blog: it could prove useful to anyone who is having problems setting this device up or gathering info about it: laststardust.blogspot.it/2017/06/a-wireless-hard-disk-case-as-portable.html
Thank you again

(Last edited by LastStarDust on 24 Jun 2017, 20:29)

Does someone know how to read the battery remaining charge from Luci/SSH?

paulallen wrote:

I have U25AWF with MT7260A. After flash wrong image I have bricked device - no led, no wifi, no wan. Can any help me? Need UART pins, better photo. Thanks.

A friend of mine bricked his KIMAX. He has your very same model ... can I ask you if and how you un-bricked yours?

LastStarDust wrote:
paulallen wrote:

A friend of mine bricked his KIMAX. He has your very same model ... can I ask you if and how you un-bricked yours?

I have a BS-U25AWF but H1 model :

https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=72587

If start always in serial console you can :

1 - look the ip adress
1 - use WinSCP 
2 - copy a good firmware in a folder
3 - after in serial console cd ... a good firmware.bin
4 - mtd write "good firmware.bin" firmware
5 - firstboot -> yes
6 - reboot -f

if bricked only solution is with a SPI programmer CH341A and a programming clip as this :

https://www.amazon.fr/SODIAL-CH341A-Pro … B01M8HE4WV
https://www.amazon.com/Signstek-SOIC8-S … B00V9QNAC4

(Last edited by F5BJR on 30 Nov 2017, 11:16)

@F5BJR Thank you very much for your answer. I have forwarded your solution to my friend. I hope he can unbrick his device.

(Last edited by LastStarDust on 30 Nov 2017, 11:21)

Hi guys,

I bought a Hdd rack brand is KuWFi which is another Blueendless device, model number HD03WF.
It has mt7620n SoC.

I'd be tempted to put OpenWRT discussed in this thread, posted by Kh_Shad (post #11).
Do you think it'll work?
Can I flash OpenWRT from Kimax web interface (firmware update section) that came with it? Or is it mandatory to hook-up UART pins and flash through serial console?

Thanks.

(Last edited by cristipatty on 8 Jan 2018, 18:22)

cristipatty wrote:

Hi guys,

I bought a Hdd rack brand is KuWFi which is another Blueendless device, model number HD03WF.
It has mt7620n SoC.

I'd be tempted to put OpenWRT discussed in this thread, posted by Kh_Shad (post #11).
Do you think it'll work?
Can I flash OpenWRT from Kimax web interface (firmware update section) that came with it? Or is it mandatory to hook-up UART pins and flash through serial console?

Thanks.

Hello!
I don't know. All I can say is that I flashed my BS-U25WF through the web console (very simply). Maybe someone more expert than me can answer to your specific question.

The discussion might have continued from here.