OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: TP-Link Archer MR200

The content of this topic has been archived between 11 Apr 2018 and 6 May 2018. There are no obvious gaps in this topic, but there may still be some posts missing at the end.

I just bought a MR200 V1 with custom ISP firmware FlyBox (Romania), and unable to connect to internet,  its connecting to 4G network, but no WAN connection.. same as you

I managed to install LEDE but same issue, this is not like a common sim lock modem because I was able to send sms, so the sim is recognised..

Any ideas?

Alphadam wrote:

Hey Mebarak & Lordcapy,
Im in the same situation with custom Orange Flybox firmware on the MR200.
Main reason for changing firmware is to use modem on a different network since moving to another country. It seems you have some success in connecting with stock TP-Link firmware (or LEDE, im not sure). Did this work with another sim/network?

I manage to flash LEDE from Heinz (btw thanks for that .bin !!) and log into LTE modem GUI. The system is now reading sim from other network (before flybox only gives error incorrect sim). So its connecting to 4G network, but no WAN connection is established. I tried with 3 different networks (the sim's all work in mobile phone). I figure its something with LEDE and some settings still in LTE modem firmware?

Then i used Heinz recovery.bin to flash to TP-Link stock firmware (160412). Not sure if this is also flashing the LTE modem's firmware (doesnt look like it?)
Anyway TP-Link firmware works, but still same problem - it recognizes sim, gives 4G signal strength, but cannot connect WAN. I tried every possible APN setting from provider.

The TP-Link interface has very limited settings (APN, static/dynamic, username, pass & authentication). There is no port selection, dialup number, server settings etc.

My feeling is the network (Orange) is locked down on the LTE modem firmware. Some way with LEDE to patch the firmware or see why the sim is connected but not getting internet?
Or these networks have blocked all IEMI numbers from devices customized from other networks?

Anyone have any luck with trying to open up Orange Flybox MR200 to non-Orange networks?
Thanks!

I managed to solve it after flashing back to stock file and installed ISP custom firmware update

Now 4g connection is working

yoanc24 wrote:

I just bought a MR200 V1 with custom ISP firmware FlyBox (Romania), and unable to connect to internet,  its connecting to 4G network, but no WAN connection.. same as you

I managed to install LEDE but same issue, this is not like a common sim lock modem because I was able to send sms, so the sim is recognised..

Any ideas?

Alphadam wrote:

Hey Mebarak & Lordcapy,
Im in the same situation with custom Orange Flybox firmware on the MR200.
Main reason for changing firmware is to use modem on a different network since moving to another country. It seems you have some success in connecting with stock TP-Link firmware (or LEDE, im not sure). Did this work with another sim/network?

I manage to flash LEDE from Heinz (btw thanks for that .bin !!) and log into LTE modem GUI. The system is now reading sim from other network (before flybox only gives error incorrect sim). So its connecting to 4G network, but no WAN connection is established. I tried with 3 different networks (the sim's all work in mobile phone). I figure its something with LEDE and some settings still in LTE modem firmware?

Then i used Heinz recovery.bin to flash to TP-Link stock firmware (160412). Not sure if this is also flashing the LTE modem's firmware (doesnt look like it?)
Anyway TP-Link firmware works, but still same problem - it recognizes sim, gives 4G signal strength, but cannot connect WAN. I tried every possible APN setting from provider.

The TP-Link interface has very limited settings (APN, static/dynamic, username, pass & authentication). There is no port selection, dialup number, server settings etc.

My feeling is the network (Orange) is locked down on the LTE modem firmware. Some way with LEDE to patch the firmware or see why the sim is connected but not getting internet?
Or these networks have blocked all IEMI numbers from devices customized from other networks?

Anyone have any luck with trying to open up Orange Flybox MR200 to non-Orange networks?
Thanks!

Hello,

Bought the Archer MR200 and figured out I got the V2 Version.
Does anyone know the differents between V1 and V2 Edition of the Archer MR200.
Maybe V2 has a better possibility for  Openwrt support ?

Bernd

I flashed using the link here and found out it was a openwrt firmware that i flashed with no gui. how can i install a gui with this openwrt firmware? Or where can I get the gui firmware version. thanks

(Last edited by gurangax on 9 Dec 2017, 22:03)

I typed from putty serial terminal

root@OpenWrt:/# adb shell getprop
error: device not found

what's wrong?

Hi,

With the Heinz's firmware, it's possible to change the TTL ?

I have see with DD-WRT firmware, the command is : "iptables -t mangle -I POSTROUTING -o `nvram get wan_iface` -j TTL --ttl-set 65"

How i can do this with Openwrt ?

And it's possible to force/change the LTE Band ?
If yes, how ?

I'm a newbie in OpenWrt, and i'm on Windows.

Thanks

I think I have a bad modem, and the cause might be from unstable power at my place. Is there any way I can flash the modem firmware?
I bricked this router by flashing the wrong recovery file, but today I managed to unbrick it by using skypro rom flasher. I think the modem can be replaced and i am waiting for another modem brand since I can't find the correct modem. hopefully it will settle my problem. BTW with original modem I can't connect to 4G signal even though my phone was able to connect. Hopefully changing the modem will let me connect to 4G with this modded router.

From serial terminal i get this loop so my router can not start properly, it keeps blinking power Led.

[initSerialPortFd 83] Fail to open /dev/ttyUSB1!, retry_counter= 12
[openSerialPort 125] Fail to open serial port /dev/ttyUSB1!
[initSerialPortFd 83] Fail to open /dev/ttyUSB1!, retry_counter= 13
[openSerialPort 125] Fail to open serial port /dev/ttyUSB1!
[initSerialPortFd 83] Fail to open /dev/ttyUSB1!, retry_counter= 14

It must be the broken modem. using openwrt/lede firmware, it starts but with no 3g/4g. So at the moment it is just a network router without internet.

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to install ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin by tftp but it didn't works.
I have a MR200 V1 with the 0.9.1 1.1 v004a.0 Build 160905 Rel.60037n firmware installed.

I have set up my lan network like that : ipv4 192.168.0.68 netmask 255.255.0.0 and default gateway 192.168.0.66
I press the reset button while holding the reset button and I run this commands:

atftp
connect 192.168.0.66
mode octet
trace
timeout 1
put ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin
sent WRQ <file: ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin, mode: octet <>>
timeout: retrying...
tftp: aborting

Can someone help me ?

(Last edited by cadiyak on 28 Dec 2017, 21:30)

propernorf wrote:

Hi there, I am trying to set up my tp-link router as LTE modem. I'd like it to bridge data to my 2nd LAN connected router which going to handle all the WiFi, DNS, and NAT. I've tried to just plug it into the LAN port and while it works fine, I am getting double NAT error in PLEX since both modem and router have NAT enabled. Any idea how can I have Openwrt in bridge mode? I've read something about Dumb AP but not sure if fits my need that? I know it should be straight forward but am pretty new to all this, appriciate your help.

**Model:** TP-Link Archer MR200
**Firmware Version:** LEDE Reboot 17.01.0 r3205-59508e3 / LuCI lede-17.01 branch (git-17.051.53299-a100738)
**Kernel Version:** 4.4.50

Hello to everyone

maybe someone already was able to help propernorf, but I couldn't find a solution in the forum.

I have a similar issue and hope someone with more experience can help me figure out the root of the problem.

Issue: Plex is not reachable from the outside
Plex Error Double NAT
Plex working inside LAN
Plex not reachable on fixed and open port

Trace Route to see if double NAT is happening:
1.-> 192.168.178.1=router/mr200
2.-> 192.168.225.1=modem?
3.-> timeout
4.-> isp ip
5.-> ...

My questions would be:
Is this actually a double NAT issue or am I just not capable of routing Plex correctly?
Do I need to Flash my MR200 in order to get Plex working?

Thank you so much for your help.

Best,
Daniel

(Last edited by gtigo93 on 28 Dec 2017, 12:00)

making the assumption that your plex server is connected to the mr200 then, yes its double nat.

Your choices are to move the plex server to the modem, or place the modem in bridge mode so your mr200 gets the public address.

Double NAT is bad , the best solution is bridge mode on the modem.

WWTK wrote:

making the assumption that your plex server is connected to the mr200 then, yes its double nat.

Your choices are to move the plex server to the modem, or place the modem in bridge mode so your mr200 gets the public address.

Double NAT is bad , the best solution is bridge mode on the modem.

Thank you so much for your reply.
This helps for my basic understanding of the problem.
Is there a link or information source on how to bridge the modem?
My assumption would be to "flash" the mr200 to gain the modem access. Is this the best option available for this particular course of action?

Best,
Daniel

cadiyak wrote:

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to install ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin by tftp but it didn't works.
I have a MR200 V1 with the 0.9.1 1.1 v004a.0 Build 160905 Rel.60037n firmware installed.

I have set up my lan network like that : ipv4 192.168.0.68 netmask 255.255.0.0 and default gateway 192.168.0.66
I press the reset button while holding the reset button and I run this commands:

atftp
connect 192.168.0.66
mode octet
trace
timeout 1
put ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin
sent WRQ <file: ArcherC2V1_tp_recovery.bin, mode: octet <>>
timeout: retrying...
tftp: aborting

Can someone help me ?

try with ipv4 192.168.0.66, netmask  255.255.255.0 and gateway empty
edit: or ipv4 192.168.0.66, netmask  255.255.0.0 and gateway 192.168.1.1

(Last edited by gurangax on 4 Jan 2018, 09:34)

I manage to get the other brand modem to connect using this router. in case anyone interested, I changed the modem to Huawei ME909s-120. Able to connect to the internet now. So previously I have a broken tplink modem. Now using LEDE gui. Cheers

Please help. I have a mr200 with initialy orange flybox firmware. I've put lede but the modem is still lock, he gets 4g signal but appears disconnected. I put the firmware from tplink site but the problem is still there. What can i do. Please help.

(Last edited by Ghosty on 7 Jan 2018, 18:41)

I'm looking at flashing my MR200 with LEDE hoping I will then be able to use it in bridge mode, the stock firmware doesn't support this.

If using LEDE will I be able to use the MR200 in bridge mode so I can connected it to a second router which will handle NAT?

Thanks in advance.

First of all, I think you need to check if your MR200 is V1. I think only V1 is supported

Can someone help with unlocking the modem?

gurangax wrote:

First of all, I think you need to check if your MR200 is V1. I think only V1 is supported

I've have a V1 so just need to work out of bridge mode is supported.

Ghosty wrote:

Can someone help with unlocking the modem?

I wasn't able to get 4g working on mr200 with original modem although there is 4g reception. I even used 4g signal booster. I have s7 edge connected to 4g same provider, but no data. 3g works fine. The odd thing is that my other phones asus zen 2 laser have 4g and data, i have lenovo also 4g with working 4g data, all same provider. it has got nothing to do about the apn, i have reset it many times no diffrence. so I checked with Network cell info for android, I am now pretty sure that it has got to do with how many bts or network neighbour you can find with 4g. with s7 edge it was connected to 1 4g bts and found 0 4g neighbours. with other working phone i got 2-3 neighbours. I suspect the same thing is happening to mr200,

My mr200 is locked by the isp "orange." Works well on 4g orange but i want to use it on other isp

Ghosty wrote:

My mr200 is locked by the isp "orange." Works well on 4g orange but i want to use it on other isp

Openwrt/Lede only flashes the Router. It will still have the old modem firmware if you flash with LEDE. I would also like to flash my original MR200 modem but I cant find the firmware for it. TP-Link firmware is very large, I think the extra parts are for the Android modem. If only I can dig into the web flash script maybe then we can extract the android image of the modem.

Usually one can unlock a modem by AT command, but I am not familiar with MR200 modem. There is a MR200 GPL source including LTE module but, I have no idea how to flash it into the modem. It is an Android modem, so probably can unlock by adb. My modem is dead anyway probably hardware fault but I want to try flashing it if possible.

After flash with LEDE the modem web server can be enabled. Just read the earlier post in this thread. Maybe you can find something there that can unlock it.

There's a folder in tplink firmware /web containing the router website and there's softup.htm which handles the router firmware upgrade process. It is referencing to /cgi/softup which I currently don't have (since I have a broken modem). I would very much appreciate if someone can send me the folder content of "/cgi". I think there is a script referencing to correct modem firmware update in this folder.

I will send you the folder if you tell me how to get it. Or if you want you can connect to my router by TemViewer.

gurangax>After flash with LEDE the modem web server can be enabled. Just read the earlier post in this thread. Maybe you can find something there that can unlock it.

I entered the modems site but its useless.....i cant unlock the sim from there. There i saw that the modem receive 3g/4g signal from other isp s SIM olso but for data transfer have the state disconnected. I`we tried to send sms from that site and it works.

The question is how can i flash the modem firmware ? smile