OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

In the same vein as others here, I've been noticing that I cannot get the 2.4 GHz band to use >20 MHz bandwidth with clients I know are capable of 40 MHz. This hasn't been an issue on the 5 GHz band where most clients use 80 MHz bandwidth without issue.

anymouse617 wrote:

In the same vein as others here, I've been noticing that I cannot get the 2.4 GHz band to use >20 MHz bandwidth with clients I know are capable of 40 MHz. This hasn't been an issue on the 5 GHz band where most clients use 80 MHz bandwidth without issue.

For 2.4 you will likely see messages in your log similar to:

Scan for neighboring BSSes prior to enabling 40 MHz channel

20/40 MHz operation not permitted on channel pri=X sec=X based on overlapping BSSes

https://github.com/kaloz/mwlwifi/issues/25
https://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/wireless (noscan)

(Last edited by cybrnook2002 on 6 Jan 2017, 18:59)

hi,

need some VPN guru, how to setup my router as VPN server and my VPS whit ubuntu as client?
have no expierence in VPN, just read wiki but it didn't helped a bit.

I'm still trying to come up to speed with OpenWRT/LEDE. I've been running Linux for 12+ years but there is some learning going on here.

I recently installed r2695 on my WRT1900ACS v2. I'm now, again, back to stock. Here are a couple of the reasons:

1) Stock firmware has the ability to turn the radios on and off based on a schedule. I need this capability. I got lost in all of the packages. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2) I had to turn Network Interface Wan6 off. It was causing various errors to show up in my modem. My modem is a HT1100 Hughesnet Satellite modem. It doesn't complain about the stock firmware. It provides native IPv6. Of course, with Wan6 turned off, my IPv6 doesn't work. Any thoughts or ideas are welcome.

Nick

kubrick wrote:

I find it only mildly amusing that my post from yesterday got deleted, especially without notice or explanation,  I didn't know that the Linksys  police was patrolling the forum.
Now I'm not disappointed just by Linksys anymore...

For sure Linksys have no authority over this forum...

What was the content of your post? Did you maybe violate some forum rules?

I've never ever heard that a post got removed, and I'm active on this forum since a couple of years already...

On vacation in Florida. Wasn't going to post but thought to send a reminder to folks.

Everyone working on Openwrt or LEDE, images/packages and development are purely volunteers.

We ask everyone to keep this in mind before posting.

Thank you

David

(Last edited by davidc502 on 8 Jan 2017, 18:11)

davidc502 wrote:

On vacation in Florida. Wasn't going to post but thought to send a reminder to folks.

Everyone working on Openwrt or LEDE, images/packages and development are purely volunteers.

We ask everyone to keep this in mind before posting.

Thank you

David

Appreciate your hard work. Enjoy your holidays.

kubrick wrote:

Hello,

I find it only mildly amusing that my post from yesterday got deleted, especially without notice or explanation,  I didn't know that the Linksys  police was patrolling the forum.
Now I'm not disappointed just by Linksys anymore...

F

Only posts that are not on topic, or are disrespectful, are deleted.

We all need to remember when we post, that most people like David and others, are volunteering their expertise.

(Last edited by mojolacerator on 9 Jan 2017, 03:14)

@davidc502,

Get some rest and enjoy your time in Florida.

Would anyone be willing to help explain how I can setup a VPN network (Router as a VPN client) alongside a normal ISP network, both of which would run on the same router (Linksys WRT3200). I can get only one to work at a time. So far what I have done to attempt to get this to work the way I want is this

Network Setup:

LAN   >>   ETH1, WLAN0, WLAN1

WAN   >>   ETH0

VPN0   >>   TUN0

PUREVPN   >>   WLAN0-1 (like a guest network setup)

Firewall Setup: I did not mess with any port-forwarding or traffic rules for this.

LAN   >>   WAN : Accept Input, Accept Output, Accept Forward : Masq ( ) MSS Clamp ( )

WAN   >>   REJECT : Reject Input, Accept Output, Reject Forward : Masq (x) MSS Clamp (x)

VPN0   >>   PUREVPN : Reject Input, Accept Output, Reject Forward : Masq (x) MSS Clamp ( )

PUREVPN   >>   VPN0 : Accept Input, Accept Output, Accept Forward : Masq ( ) MSS Clamp ( )

This is as far as I have gotten. So with everything setup like it is above I only get internet access when connected to PUREVPN wireless network. The VPN is working like it should as I get the IP address of the VPN server. But now the other non VPN wireless network clients (WLAN0, WLAN1) cannot connect to the internet. Please help me figure out what I am doing wrong, thank you for any help and really appreciate the forum and poeple who are willing to help.

jvquintero1021 wrote:

This is as far as I have gotten. So with everything setup like it is above I only get internet access when connected to PUREVPN wireless network.

I suspect a routing issue. You might have to fiddle with your routing table.

It seems that your VPN might push a default route so that the default gateway is reached through the VPN. But the other zones seem to be unable to connect to that default gateway due to firewall rules, so this is why no internet for them?

Just wanted to leave a big thank you. Been using your builds for a while on a Shelby, first OpenWRT, now LEDE. It's fast, has nice pre-installed features and looks great. Keep up the good work! big_smile

(Last edited by floydburgermcdahm on 10 Jan 2017, 22:20)

Hi Guys, I am a newer user and kind of stuck. Im on the latest build currently on the WRT1900Ac V2. Im on Boot Part 2 and my boot part 1 was flashed on the previous version. I want to flash stock back to boot part 1. In Luci, It will not let me flash the stock linksys image. Is there something I am doing wrong? If anyone can help, It would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time in advance.

Funzy32 wrote:

Hi Guys, I am a newer user and kind of stuck. Im on the latest build currently on the WRT1900Ac V2. Im on Boot Part 2 and my boot part 1 was flashed on the previous version. I want to flash stock back to boot part 1. In Luci, It will not let me flash the stock linksys image. Is there something I am doing wrong? If anyone can help, It would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time in advance.

I usually flash back to stock firmware when I make the mistake of flashing over both partitions by doing the following:

BACKUP your LEDE configuration just in case.

LEDE >> OEM (via SSH)

1.  Login to SSH
    ssh root@your_router_ip
    Enter Password: your_password

2.  Download via SSH Terminal:
    cd /tmp ; opkg update ; opkg install wget ; wget 'link_to_stock_firmware.img'

3.  Flash image via SSH Terminal:
    sysupgrade -F -n -v 'your_stock_firmware.img'
        -F = Force
        -n = do not save configuration over reflash
        -v = more verbose

I would also reflash the stock image once more when you are back to stock just to make sure both partitions are now stock firmware. and then simply flash whatever version of LEDE and restore your backed up config and you should be good to go.

Wow.. Thanks a bunch for this. I will give it a shot. I will have to request to cloase the new post I made on the main page. Thanks a lot. I will post back after i give it a go.

jvquintero1021 wrote:
Funzy32 wrote:

I usually flash back to stock firmware when I make the mistake of flashing over both partitions by doing the following:

BACKUP your LEDE configuration just in case.

LEDE >> OEM (via SSH)

1.  Login to SSH
    ssh root@your_router_ip
    Enter Password: your_password

2.  Download via SSH Terminal:
    cd /tmp ; opkg update ; opkg install wget ; wget 'link_to_stock_firmware.img'

3.  Flash image via SSH Terminal:
    sysupgrade -F -n -v 'your_stock_firmware.img'
        -F = Force
        -n = do not save configuration over reflash
        -v = more verbose

I would also reflash the stock image once more when you are back to stock just to make sure both partitions are now stock firmware. and then simply flash whatever version of LEDE and restore your backed up config and you should be good to go.

This did it! Thanks a bunch!

Funzy32 wrote:

[...] I will have to request to cloase the new post I made on the main page. [/...]

Done.

nitroshift

@davidc502
Nice job on the web site. Like the tabs you have added for addtional info. Great work.

--bill

ralfbergs wrote:

I've never ever heard that a post got removed, and I'm active on this forum since a couple of years already...

All I did was warning people to stay away from the WRT3200ACS and I explained why by listing what was broken and probably won't be fixed before a long time (being serious driver issues). I voiced my disappointment towards Linksys, all that in a polite way.

kubrick wrote:
ralfbergs wrote:

All I did was warning people to stay away from the WRT3200ACS and I explained why by listing what was broken and probably won't be fixed before a long time (being serious driver issues). I voiced my disappointment towards Linksys, all that in a polite way.

That type of commentary belongs in a product review, rather than this thread. Please keep the posts here about david's LEDE build.

After about 18 days of uptime, my WRT1900AC v1 suddenly rebooted itself.  What may be the cause?

apvm wrote:

After about 18 days of uptime, my WRT1900AC v1 suddenly rebooted itself.  What may be the cause?

Did you happen to take a look at the logs?

davidc502 wrote:
apvm wrote:

Yes, following is the 1st two lines of the exact date but before this is Jan 12

Mon Jan 16 19:16:31 2017 daemon.info pppd[3321]: System time change detected.
Mon Jan 16 19:16:33 2017 cron.err crond[1372]: time disparity of 6134 minutes detected

It looks like something to do with the time.

(Last edited by apvm on 17 Jan 2017, 02:58)

apvm wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
apvm wrote:

Mon Jan 16 19:16:33 2017 cron.err crond[1372]: time disparity of 6134 minutes detected

The time was way, way off.  However, I don't believe that would require a reboot.

Has the time been corrected?

davidc502 wrote:
apvm wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

The time was way, way off.  However, I don't believe that would require a reboot.

Has the time been corrected?

I corrected it after the reboot and checked "provide NTP server" with ca.pool.ntp.org 0-3 (ie 0.ca.pool.ntp.org to 3.ca.pool.ntp.org)

The log also indicate lPPPOE ogin failed and Wan is now down.

(Last edited by apvm on 17 Jan 2017, 03:20)