OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

I was looking through the pre-installed package list for a text editor. I couldn't find one that I recognize. Is there a text editor included?

Yes, vi is included.  Nano and VIM are available for install from the repository.

Hi,
Noob here.
I am out of patience with the factory firmware for my 1900acs v2.
I was directed over here from the dd-wrt forum.

Can someone please post instructions on getting this firmware installed. Current factory firmware installed now.
I have limited linux skills and just need the basic setup with the enhanced web gui.
I need this router for my home setup...nothing fancy. I just need to stream with out doing a reboot twice a day.

thanks in advance
haeffnkr

haeffnkr wrote:

Hi,
Noob here.

Can someone please post instructions on getting this firmware installed. Current factory firmware installed now.
I have limited linux skills and just need the basic setup with the enhanced web gui.
I need this router for my home setup...nothing fancy. I just need to stream with out doing a reboot twice a day.

thanks in advance
haeffnkr

Download your version from here https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/index.shtml if you are flashing from factory firmware, download the factory.img file.

Luci is already preinstalled so once after your flash, use your browser to goto 192.168.1.1 and config your settings, just like ddwrt.

You don't have permission to access /snapshots/r2993/targets/mvebu/generic/lede-mvebu-linksys-wrt1900ac-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin on this server.

dobetter wrote:

You don't have permission to access /snapshots/r2993/targets/mvebu/generic/lede-mvebu-linksys-wrt1900ac-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin on this server.

I don't have problem downloading the files.  Make sure you pick the right one for your ACS.

Same, 403 here.

Those images are not available yet as they are still being tested.

Best Regards,

haeffnkr wrote:

Hi,
Noob here.

thanks in advance
haeffnkr

The LEDE project site has all the info you need. By the way davidc502 builds have Luci preinstalled so you have a web UI to work with.

https://lede-project.org/

--bill

New images have a peculiar issue that may not be a issue, so I'm going to need some testers.

Though did not choose luci-ssl as an option before building, luci IS using SSL. After accepting the certificate, everything else seems to work fine.

What we need to find out is if others using v1, v2, 1200 and 3200acm are seeing the same behavior or not.

I suspect this has something to do with the configuration change to use ssl for all package downloads. Now that the repo is ssl capable, thought it was the next good thing to do.

If there are those who want to test, I'll release the images, in their current target directory.

davidc502 wrote:

New images have a peculiar issue that may not be a issue, so I'm going to need some testers.

Though did not choose luci-ssl as an option before building, luci IS using SSL. After accepting the certificate, everything else seems to work fine.

What we need to find out is if others using v1, v2, 1200 and 3200acm are seeing the same behavior or not.

I suspect this has something to do with the configuration change to use ssl for all package downloads. Now that the repo is ssl capable, thought it was the next good thing to do.

If there are those who want to test, I'll release the images, in their current target directory.

Did you build off of trunk 300x or off the Stable 17.01 (2996 I think)? I did some builds last night off of the "stable 17.01 and Luci worked fine (http as I had it defined).

(Last edited by cybrnook2002 on 17 Jan 2017, 21:59)

cybrnook2002 wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Did you build off of trunk 300x or off the Stable 17.01 (2996 I think)? I did some builds last night off of the "stable 17.01 and Luci worked fine (http as I had it defined).

It was off of 2993. Well, that tells me it's probably due to a setting.

davidc502 wrote:
cybrnook2002 wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Likely so. Are you creating a diffconfig after each build? What I am doing is taking a diffconfig from my last build, renaming it to .config, and then running a make defconfig against that (of course after git pull and package updates).

There have also been some build env's changed lately, so it might be time for a make dirclean as well to rebuild your chain. Also keep in mind, musl just got upgraded from 15 to 16, so your staging_dir's path will get updated (if you are baking in your paths into $PATH like the wiki advises us to do).
https://github.com/lede-project/source/ … 1e022474a9
I had to write a small script that I run when I go to build that either sets be up to build against trunk, or off stable (as the env's will be different).

(Last edited by cybrnook2002 on 17 Jan 2017, 22:27)

cybrnook2002 wrote:
davidc502 wrote:
cybrnook2002 wrote:

Likely so. Are you creating a diffconfig after each build? What I am doing is taking a diffconfig from my last build, renaming it to .config, and then running a make defconfig against that (of course after git pull and package updates).

There have also been some build env's changed lately, so it might be time for a make dirclean as well to rebuild your chain. Also keep in mind, musl just got upgraded from 15 to 16, so your staging_dir's path will get updated (if you are baking in your paths into $PATH like the wiki advises us to do).
https://github.com/lede-project/source/ … 1e022474a9
I had to write a small script that I run when I go to build that either sets be up to build against trunk, or off stable (as the env's will be different).

Awesome information! Will go ahead and do as suggested, and that will probably fix the issue.

Thanks,

ralfbergs wrote:
starcms wrote:

For the trigger, choose netdev from the list.

Thanks for your comment.

Actually I'm using the netdev trigger already, but it's flickering quickly which is not very nice. This is why on WDR3500/4300 I switched to using the "tpt" trigger, which I really like...

I don't get the point why you are not using the WiFi leds? Can you please elaborate? Are you saying they behave differently to the other leds? I thought the trigger is what matters for the "behavior" of an led -- and you can apply it to arbitrary leds, which will then behave identically?

Sorry, took a break from everything WRT related since my wrt1200ac has been rock solid on @david's r2695 build.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. The WiFi LEDs behave differently than do all other LEDs (instead of blinking different speeds depending on bandwidth, they are either solid if there is absolutely zero bandwidth for a period of 2-3 seconds, or blink/strobe so insanely fast that they almost look solid if there is any activity at all).

The LAN LEDs blink at different speeds, as you would expect them to, by default and therefore need no configuration in LEDE or entry in Luci. LEDE has the internet LED set to blink based on WAN activity (on stock Linksys image, it is solid always) and also blinks at different speeds. You'll see an entry for it in Luci.

There seems to be no way to modify the stock behavior of the WiFi LEDs, so I did what I described in my previous post to assign WiFi activity to the WPS LED so that it blinks at different speeds.  But you could choose any other LED (for example the SATA led if you don't have anything connected via SATA) to display WiFi activity.

One point of note, you don't have to add entries/configure the default behavior of the LEDs (the exception being USB and SATA). You just add entries for what you want added or changed from the default settings.

davidc502 wrote:

Having the repos set to https URLs has nothing to do with Luci using SSL (https). Neither should the dependencies needed for apt-get to successfully work with https URLs.

Luci should only use SSL if either the Luci-SSL or Luci-SSL-OpenSSL package is installed.

I'll test it out first chance I get tomorrow on my 1200ac.

Edit: Get 403 not authorized when trying to download r2993

(Last edited by starcms on 18 Jan 2017, 10:28)

starcms wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Having the repos set to https URLs has nothing to do with Luci using SSL (https). Neither should the dependencies needed for apt-get to successfully work with https URLs.

Luci should only use SSL if either the Luci-SSL or Luci-SSL-OpenSSL package is installed.

I'll test it out first chance I get tomorrow on my 1200ac.

Edit: Get 403 not authorized when trying to download r2993

If you want to respond back, I'll release the image for you.

Hi Everyone - I'm running r2695 (David's) - been running great. What's the current version that's stable? Is there a way to tell (either on David's site or somewhere else) which version is current. I see the Kernal # and the WiFi driver version, but no "r" number.

Thanks
Paul

cluprogram wrote:

Hi Everyone - I'm running r2695 (David's) - been running great. What's the current version that's stable? Is there a way to tell (either on David's site or somewhere else) which version is current. I see the Kernal # and the WiFi driver version, but no "r" number.

Thanks
Paul

When we are talking about "snapshots" it can be a bit confusing, but you have the latest version available on the website. I expect there will be new images available in the next day or two.

Thanks,

David

@davidc502,

I think you new signature is missing the 't' at the end of .net?

Adri.

Hi , i just installed davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/mvebu/Shelby/lede_Shelby/lede-mvebu-linksys-wrt1900acs-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin on my 1900ACS but i can not load any other firmware anymore. the gui says about every .img or .tar file it is not the correct file format.

adri wrote:

@davidc502,

I think you new signature is missing the 't' at the end of .net?

Adri.

Corrected -- Thank you

joeye wrote:

Hi , i just installed davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/mvebu/Shelby/lede_Shelby/lede-mvebu-linksys-wrt1900acs-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin on my 1900ACS but i can not load any other firmware anymore. the gui says about every .img or .tar file it is not the correct file format.

Transfer the image to the /tmp file on the router, and run "sysupgrade -F /tmp/Imagefile"

for those who want to try r3025 they are available to download from the /targets directory. However, grab what ever packages you need, ahead of time, because after I get this ssl issue resolved, the build and packages will be deleted.

thanks,