OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

T-Troll wrote:
ygor.almeida wrote:

I'm using your build with WRT1900ac v1. Working pretty well here. Keeping with the last build.

... I just connected an USB 3.0 External drive ( Samsung 2TB ) to the router - with ext4 format. But i feel samba pretty slow. Read is about 45 and write only 30 over LAN cable. Did i missed something? isn't usb 3.0 be able to perform better.

I saw other guys screens about 110 at reading from router to desktop and about 50 from desktop do router (writting)

Any clues ??

Some controllers in SATA-USB can do this, i see examples before even to 5Mb for read at usb3.
I strongly recommend use e-SATA/USB cable instead, you can get full speed for $5 or less only.
I have the drive connected this way, 110Mb hdinfo, 80/60 Ethernet, 30 5G wifi.
I have about 30% less then use WD usb3 box.

You mean this cable ??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50cm-Power-ESAT … SwDN1UR2KM

https://www.banggood.com/Yves-Saint-Lau … mds=search

less then 5 dollars ?

(Last edited by ygor.almeida on 5 May 2017, 04:05)

@farchord

Okay, IPTV is working. To start, and to just get it working I've kept it simple.

1. Set a static IP DHCP lease on my TV Box via MAC address.
1. install igmpproxy
2. tcpdump to determine IP address range of my ISP's TV.  To test, run the IPTV box and select a channel whist tcpdump is listening for the IP address of the IPTV box. It would run for about 5 seconds and cut out, but from this test, I was able to determine the IP address of my ISP that is sending broadcasts.
3. Configure Port forwarding rule on the firewall (Make sure NAT loopback is enabled).  Rule states IGMP traffic from ISP IP range to IPTV box.
4. Configure igmp snooping on  /etc/config/network. Add 'option igmp_snooping 1'
5. Configure igmpproxy on /etc/config/igmpproxy.  Added IP range of ISP and broadcast address 224.0.0.0/8 to phyint wan.  Then added IP address of the IPTV box to phyint lan.
6 reboot router

The TV has been running for about 30 minutes now without any issues... So far I haven't set up any routes, and it is working??

Wireshark shows UDP broadcasts reaching the PC's NIC.  This is because I have yet to set any VLANS. Remember, one step at a time, get it going correctly first then build on top of the foundation.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

**EDIT**

Wireshark shows broadcasts destination is 239.20.40.16  ?? Sound right?

(Last edited by davidc502 on 5 May 2017, 02:06)

Almost forgot..

I did set up a Firewall Traffic rule allowing IGMP protocol from ISP to IPTV box.

Not sure if both Port forward and Firewall Traffic rule are needed?

davidc502 wrote:
KShion619 wrote:

Are the steps taken in OpenWRT's Wiki Page correct for enabling dnscrypt on the 4.4 build of your V1 LEDE (r4049-9412fc2) if not can you post the steps assuming I'm currently at the default configuration?

The steps on the wiki should work, as it worked when I went through them. The only issue was I couldn't just use 1 dns forward IP as 2 are needed  or it just didn't work.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but to enable dnscrypt:

/etc/config/dnscrypt-proxy needs to consist of only:

config dnscrypt-proxy ns1
        option address '127.0.0.1'
        option port '5353'
        option resolver 'cisco'

4 lines need to be modified and/or added to /etc/config/dhcp.

The 4 lines of /etc/config/dhcp that were added/modified were the very last four shown in the dnsmasq section below.  No other sections of /etc/config/dhcp were modified.

config dnsmasq
        option domainneeded '1'
        option localise_queries '1'
        option rebind_protection '1'
        option rebind_localhost '1'
        option local '/lan/'
        option domain 'lan'
        option expandhosts '1'
        option authoritative '1'
        option readethers '1'
        option leasefile '/tmp/dhcp.leases'
        option quietdhcp '1'
        option nonwildcard '0'
        option localservice '1'
        list server '127.0.0.1#5353'                           <---added
        list server '/pool.ntp.org/208.67.222.222'     <---added
        option noresolv '1'                                        <--added or modified
        # option resolvfile    '/tmp/resolv.conf.auto'   <--commented out  

That's it.  That's all you have to do.

Edit: If you have any DNS servers already listed in /etc/config/dhcp, you'll need to comment them out as well.  All info can be found here as I had mentioned previously: https://wiki.openwrt.org/inbox/dnscrypt

Edit2: And at least when using 'cisco' (OpenDNS's servers) as the resolver, all IPv4 and IPv6 DNS traffic is working perfectly.  No extra config required for IPv6.

(Last edited by starcms on 5 May 2017, 04:30)

does work on wrt1200ac ver 2? the site davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net doesn't expecify if firmware is for ver 1 or ver 2.

also i saw a lot of ways to install this firmware into wrt1200, what is the correct procedure? someone have a recommended tutorial?.

I just brick my router with lede so im getting a new one with stock firmware

gj btw

(Last edited by eliaspizarro on 5 May 2017, 05:27)

eliaspizarro wrote:

does work on wrt1200ac ver 2? the site davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net doesn't expecify if firmware is for ver 1 or ver 2.

gj btw

Yes, it will work fine on 1200AC, doesn't matter if V1 or V2. 

Only difference between the two versions is that V2 has the power-tables built into eeprom and ignores the ones in the firmware.  Therefore, you can't "hack" it to enable more wifi channels, disable radar detection, or increase transmit power.  Same thing with the 1900ACS V1 and V2.

davidc502 wrote:

Question:

Is everyone liking Darkmatter LuCi?

Seems there have been some downloads of modern which seem to indicate users changing?

Loved DarkMatter, leave it! smile

davidc502 wrote:

Question:

Seems there have been some downloads of modern which seem to indicate users changing?

One of them would be me. Not a fan at all. I'm no UI dev but the colours seem very wrong to me. Is it supposed to be carbon fibre?

DarkMatter rules!

Was it even finished? Looks like 1998 to me...

It's dark.... but frankly, it's only a look. It could be CSS-less, style less and it would be absolutely no difference to me as long as functionality is the same. I do like the menu at the left instead of at the top though.

I haven't tried modern though.

I'd leave it up to you, @david

davidc502 wrote:

@farchord

Okay, IPTV is working. To start, and to just get it working I've kept it simple.

1. Set a static IP DHCP lease on my TV Box via MAC address.
1. install igmpproxy
2. tcpdump to determine IP address range of my ISP's TV.  To test, run the IPTV box and select a channel whist tcpdump is listening for the IP address of the IPTV box. It would run for about 5 seconds and cut out, but from this test, I was able to determine the IP address of my ISP that is sending broadcasts.
3. Configure Port forwarding rule on the firewall (Make sure NAT loopback is enabled).  Rule states IGMP traffic from ISP IP range to IPTV box.
4. Configure igmp snooping on  /etc/config/network. Add 'option igmp_snooping 1'
5. Configure igmpproxy on /etc/config/igmpproxy.  Added IP range of ISP and broadcast address 224.0.0.0/8 to phyint wan.  Then added IP address of the IPTV box to phyint lan.
6 reboot router

The TV has been running for about 30 minutes now without any issues... So far I haven't set up any routes, and it is working??

Wireshark shows UDP broadcasts reaching the PC's NIC.  This is because I have yet to set any VLANS. Remember, one step at a time, get it going correctly first then build on top of the foundation.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

**EDIT**

Wireshark shows broadcasts destination is 239.20.40.16  ?? Sound right?

I guess it depends on the TSP I guess (Television service provider). But on mine, it runs on IGMP v2 (Requiring the v2 force in sysctl.conf because igmpproxy uses v3 by default) and it won't work properly without the route being added. Also, it does igmp queries both up and downstream. Hence why I opened both.

That's why I'm saying this guide can only be a rough guide, unless we make one for every IPTV provider and that's a big ouch XD

@farchord

I'm going to start building a page for igmpproxy. Do you have a final draft of instructions you would like to use?

There have been 3 commits for the wifi driver since the last build, so I've gone ahead and built new images.

Please let me know how they work.  I haven't had a chance to test yet, but should be able to flash this build later this evening.

Thanks,

davidc502 wrote:

@farchord

I'm going to start building a page for igmpproxy. Do you have a final draft of instructions you would like to use?

I can try to make a more generalized instruction set if you want. But alot of the instructions will vary depending on the case scenario.

Maybe it depends on the TV software architecture? I know Bell Fibe uses Mediaroom

My issue still continues with the latest build released 5/5/2017. When wifi is on, i cannot even open the main router page. After I am able to turn it off somehow, memory usage page shows this:
Free: 47.6M
Used:443.2M

musasm wrote:

Hi, I am using latest firmware(kernel 4.9.20 and wifi driver 10.3.4.0-20170421) with 3200acm. I use routers openvpn client to connect to my vpn server. My problem is on when I enable wifi drivers and start to use torrent regardless of using wifi or lan. Memory quickly fills up and no memory remains after five minutes. Everything goes back to normal i disable wifi. I think there is memory leak problem in wifi drivers when using openvpn connection. I went back to use access point for wifi.

musasm wrote:

My issue still continues with the latest build released 5/5/2017. When wifi is on, i cannot even open the main router page. After I am able to turn it off somehow, memory usage page shows this:
Free: 47.6M
Used:443.2M

musasm wrote:

Hi, I am using latest firmware(kernel 4.9.20 and wifi driver 10.3.4.0-20170421) with 3200acm. I use routers openvpn client to connect to my vpn server. My problem is on when I enable wifi drivers and start to use torrent regardless of using wifi or lan. Memory quickly fills up and no memory remains after five minutes. Everything goes back to normal i disable wifi. I think there is memory leak problem in wifi drivers when using openvpn connection. I went back to use access point for wifi.

It's a bug with the mwlwifi drivers. Disable the 2.4ghz radio and reboot to free up the ram.

It's also reported, they are working on it.

farchord wrote:

It's a bug with the mwlwifi drivers. Disable the 2.4ghz radio and reboot to free up the ram.

It's also reported, they are working on it.

I didn't know that. Thank you very much for the information.

davidc502 wrote:

Question:

Honestly I think it is crap. Contrast and colors are terrible. Went back to material. Thanks for the new builds btw, will try them over the weekend! smile

davidc502 wrote:

There have been 3 commits for the wifi driver since the last build, so I've gone ahead and built new images.

Please let me know how they work.  I haven't had a chance to test yet, but should be able to flash this build later this evening.

Thanks,

@david
Do these commits address the buffer issue?
If not then I see no reason to install on my wrt3200. Everything works find until teen starts streaming on 2.4 and I on 5 wireless before long the wireless will crap out. To me it looks like the buffer issue they are supposed to be working on.

(Last edited by bill1228 on 5 May 2017, 21:06)

bill1228 wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Thanks,

@david
Do these commits address the buffer issue?
If not then I see no reason to install on my wrt3200. Everything works find until teen starts streaming on 2.4 and I on 5 wireless before long the wireless will crap out. To me it looks like the buffer issue they are supposed to be working on.

I looked through the 3 commits and no, the buffer issue has not been addressed yet.

So, far it's just small incremental changes.

Just a heads up but still getting reboots on the 1900ac V1 with the latest build.

shatazer wrote:

Just a heads up but still getting reboots on the 1900ac V1 with the latest build.

thank you for the report

davidc502 wrote:

Question:

i personally dont like Darkmatter, i get lost navigating around but that just me, btw davidc502 do you know by any chance how to prioritize ports withing sqm qos ?

T-Troll wrote:
ygor.almeida wrote:

I'm using your build with WRT1900ac v1. Working pretty well here. Keeping with the last build.

... I just connected an USB 3.0 External drive ( Samsung 2TB ) to the router - with ext4 format. But i feel samba pretty slow. Read is about 45 and write only 30 over LAN cable. Did i missed something? isn't usb 3.0 be able to perform better.

I saw other guys screens about 110 at reading from router to desktop and about 50 from desktop do router (writting)

Any clues ??

Some controllers in SATA-USB can do this, i see examples before even to 5Mb for read at usb3.
I strongly recommend use e-SATA/USB cable instead, you can get full speed for $5 or less only.
I have the drive connected this way, 110Mb hdinfo, 80/60 Ethernet, 30 5G wifi.
I have about 30% less then use WD usb3 box.

Please, give me some advice about how to make samba run faster on my mamba. I have connected USB 3.0 HDD ext4 formated and it only gives me 10 Mbps for reading, and for writing it gives me only 5 Mbps and if I want to copy a 2 GB file it becomes imposible because the router reboots by itself. If i try again, it reboots again and so on.