OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: davidc502 1900ac 3200acm builds

The content of this topic has been archived between 26 Feb 2018 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

starcms wrote:
jack19hk wrote:

hi, David

I am first install your firmware in my WRT3200.

How can I config the setting that i can access the web GUI page from the internet, such as, using my phone to login my router?

Please reply. thanks

Simply browse to 192.168.1.1 in your browser.  You'll probably have to connect a computer via ethernet to turn on the WiFi and set security first.

I mean how can I access the GUI page thought the internet, not inside the lan

jack19hk wrote:

hi, David

I am first install your firmware in my WRT3200.

How can I config the setting that i can access the web GUI page from the internet, such as, using my phone to login my router?

Please reply. thanks

Navigate to Network > Firewall > Traffic Rules and create a new rule that allows port 443 (https) traffic from the "WAN" to the Destination zone of "Device Input".  Destination port of 443

Move the rule up to #1 and test.

Any traffic
From any host in wan with source port 443
To any router IP at port 443 on this device

After adding the rule, i still can't assess the Web GUI by the DDNS host name(Https://my DDNS host name).

jack19hk wrote:

Any traffic
From any host in wan with source port 443

After adding the rule, i still can't assess the Web GUI by the DDNS host name(Https://my DDNS host name).

source port isn't going to be 443.  Set the source port to be any.

Any traffic
From any host in wan

I have changed the source port to any.
when i test it, the page display below message

This site can’t be reached
(my ddns host name) refused to connect.

jack19hk wrote:

Any traffic
From any host in wan

I have changed the source port to any.
when i test it, the page display below message

This site can’t be reached
(my ddns host name) refused to connect.

For the Destination address, choose your WAN IP address, then it should work.

(Last edited by davidc502 on 6 May 2017, 23:18)

If you're still having issues, I can post a screen shot of what the rule should look like... Also, don't forget to move the rule up to #1 to test.

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this question, but I just installed the latest build for the 3200acm.  Everything seems to be running nice and smooth--setting up forwarding rules and such has been a breeze.  But I have one issue with the Luci login.  When I log in, it auto fills the password field with the password that I provided.  Is there a way to disable this?  It seems horribly insecure for it to auto-populate those fields and all someone has to do is click the login button and they're in.  Thank you, and again, any apologies if I asked this in the wrong place.

franchise wrote:

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum for this question, but I just installed the latest build for the 3200acm.  Everything seems to be running nice and smooth--setting up forwarding rules and such has been a breeze.  But I have one issue with the Luci login.  When I log in, it auto fills the password field with the password that I provided.  Is there a way to disable this?  It seems horribly insecure for it to auto-populate those fields and all someone has to do is click the login button and they're in.  Thank you, and again, any apologies if I asked this in the wrong place.

That's happening because of a browser setting. If another browser is used, or connected from a different device, it will not auto-populate.

That's happening because of a browser setting. If another browser is used, or connected from a different device, it will not auto-populate.

David, thank you for taking a moment to respond and for your hard work on these builds.  After reading your reply, I tested on my desktop, laptop, chrome and firefox.  I don't have either browser set to remember passwords, but the issue persists among them.  But when I tried an instance of Safari (a browser I never use), I didn't have the same issue.  Those other browsers have sync accounts between them, so that must be why it persists there and it's a settings issue I'll need to resolve.  But at least I now have the piece of mind of knowing that someone won't just be sitting on my curb and logging in because those fields are populating for them.

Again, thank you for your time and all your efforts.

franchise wrote:

David, thank you for taking a moment to respond and for your hard work on these builds.  After reading your reply, I tested on my desktop, laptop, chrome and firefox.  I don't have either browser set to remember passwords, but the issue persists among them.  But when I tried an instance of Safari (a browser I never use), I didn't have the same issue.  Those other browsers have sync accounts between them, so that must be why it persists there and it's a settings issue I'll need to resolve.  But at least I now have the piece of mind of knowing that someone won't just be sitting on my curb and logging in because those fields are populating for them.

Again, thank you for your time and all your efforts.

It's better to be safe than sorry smile    I understand smile

Best Regards,

(Last edited by davidc502 on 7 May 2017, 01:34)

davidc502 wrote:
anielarias wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Question:

Is everyone liking Darkmatter LuCi?

Seems there have been some downloads of modern which seem to indicate users changing?

i personally dont like Darkmatter, i get lost navigating around but that just me, btw davidc502 do you know by any chance how to prioritize ports withing sqm qos ?

Thank you for the feedback.

There's probably some sqm/qos experts on the LEDE board if you'd like to pose the question there.  https://forum.lede-project.org/c/general

i have here is the link if you wanna take a look https://forum.lede-project.org/t/need-h … os-sqm-qos

davidc502 wrote:

If you're still having issues, I can post a screen shot of what the rule should look like... Also, don't forget to move the rule up to #1 to test.

please help to post a screen shot, because i still have the issue.

thanks.

davidc502 wrote:

@david,

This is probably the most basic question I've ever asked, but I've never had a need to really fool with the firewall much at all.

I need to open ports 8082 and 8083 for me to be able to access my DirecTV DVR playlist and watch all channels when I'm not at home.  I've always used Port Forwarding.

IPv4-tcp, udp
From any host in wan
Via any router IP at ports 8082-8083

Forward to:
IP 192.168.2.244, ports 8082-8083 in directv

I'm assuming that is correct since it works.  But is it the best way?  What would be the difference in using a traffic rule instead to simply open the ports at that IP?

And for @jack19hk's question for accessing LuCi from outside the LAN, why not use Port Forwarding for that situation?

(Last edited by starcms on 7 May 2017, 06:19)

starcms wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

@david,

This is probably the most basic question I've ever asked, but I've never had a need to really fool with the firewall much at all.

I need to open ports 8082 and 8083 for me to be able to access my DirecTV DVR playlist and watch all channels when I'm not at home.  I've always used Port Forwarding.

IPv4-tcp, udp
From any host in wan
Via any router IP at ports 8082-8083

Forward to:
IP 192.168.2.244, ports 8082-8083 in directv

I'm assuming that is correct since it works.  But is it the best way?  What would be the difference in using a traffic rule instead to simply open the ports at that IP?

And for @jack19hk's question for accessing LuCi from outside the LAN, why not use Port Forwarding for that situation?

I am not David, obviously.

From a security perspective is not the best way to expose directly a service (which was not made to be publicly available), to the internet.

I suggest (and I use it myself) to setup a VPN (tun/tap) and this udp port to be the only port open.

In general, it is much better(if not the best) to use a VPN and once you are attached to your LAN to use all the services (ssh,luci web, etc) as if you were physically at home.
TAP VPN will offer this out of the box. TUN might need a bit playing with firewall zones.

(Last edited by Pasxalisk on 7 May 2017, 12:18)

Hey guys... I was wondering why the CPU Idle functionality is not enabled in our WRT 1900's ?

from system log:

mvebu-pmsu: CPU hotplug support is currently broken on Armada 38x: disabling
mvebu-pmsu: CPU idle is currently broken on Armada 38x: disabling ....
mariano.silva wrote:

Hey guys... I was wondering why the CPU Idle functionality is not enabled in our WRT 1900's ?

My first guess would be the message is sent by the mvebu kernel module that would normally perform those functions and the module is confessing to being unable. Maybe the Marvell kernel module programmer is still trying to get those to work or the mvebu just doesn't support those kind of instructions common to other cpu types. Reading the kernel source code would give a better answer if that is your interest. See line 431 here:

http://elixir.free-electrons.com/linux/ … ebu/pmsu.c

(Last edited by beginner67890 on 7 May 2017, 13:45)

mariano.silva wrote:

from system log:

CpuIdle seems to broken, but @hnyman has tested cpu frequency scaling and seemed to get good results.
See https://forum.lede-project.org/t/cpu-fr … m-etc/2808.
Perhaps this could be added and help to reduce the cpu temperatures?

floydburgermcdahm wrote:
davidc502 wrote:

Question:

Seems there have been some downloads of modern which seem to indicate users changing?

Honestly I think it is crap. Contrast and colors are terrible. Went back to material. Thanks for the new builds btw, will try them over the weekend! smile

Wow, +100 for me.  I know this is a matter of personal taste, but I really hate DarkMatter. The fonts against the color contrast are really hard on my eyes, and makes it hard to read the finer print.

adri wrote:
mariano.silva wrote:

from system log:

CpuIdle seems to broken, but @hnyman has tested cpu frequency scaling and seemed to get good results.
See https://forum.lede-project.org/t/cpu-fr … m-etc/2808.
Perhaps this could be added and help to reduce the cpu temperatures?

It would be great to have that ... BTW: Can't access the link you've shared , I get a "Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private."?

joekane wrote:

Question:

Wow, +100 for me.  I know this is a matter of personal taste, but I really hate DarkMatter. The fonts against the color contrast are really hard on my eyes, and makes it hard to read the finer print.

I am not a fan of Darkmatter as it currently is. I'm up there in years and my eyes have problems with the contrast in several areas.

nick

Appreciate the feedback with darkmatter.  At least with modern we didn't have anyone say they hated it, so will go back to modern with the next build, but will make darkmatter available for folks who like it instead.

*Rumor* 3/1/1017 OpenWrt will be merging into LEDE. The rumor still persists, but with a unknown time-table.

@davidc502

I also didn't like Darkmatter, switched right back to Material.

I can already access the GUI page after setting the port forwarding. thanks all.

And, I have another question.
Does anyone know how to set the OpenVPN?
I am first use the LEDE frimware, can anyone share some tutorials to me?
please help!