OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Linksys says "Thank you!" - WRT3200ACM giveaway

The content of this topic has been archived between 4 Apr 2018 and 4 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

hnyman wrote:
JW0914 wrote:

@kaloz Could you please provide a link or source for the WRT3200ACM Dev giveaway as this thread is the only returned result regarding said giveaway via google.

I think that this thread is the original and only announcement of the giveaway. There is no "official source" elsewhere.

Kaloz is directly related to Linksys (like here at Linksys booth in CES2016: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-L9fmfAWK4 , the iwlwifi driver is in github/kaloz etc.), so it is quite natural that he is the person announcing the giveaway to the community.

But yeah, pretty strange that there is no info about the outcome.

Kaloz works at Marvell, hence the reason he's the maintainer of the wifi driver... or at least that's what's been repeated a few times in the WRT AC Series thread.

Regardless of which of the two employs him, there seems to be a pattern within Linksys, regarding the WRT series specifically, where the right hand doesn't know what the left hand's doing, resulting in miscommunication to consumers (this is why there wasn't a stable wifi driver for over a year after the release of the 1900ac v1, Linksys said one thing to consumers without Marvell signing off on it, or, at the very least, not on the time table).

That being said, this isn't about kaloz or his credibility [he's extremely credible] as some have raised, it's about Linksys and their communication etiquette.  If kaloz is the only Linksys/Marvell liaison, it's entirely possible he's on vacation for the holidays... my only point is this seems to be a pattern with Linksys (as a company) and their communication relationship with OpenWrt & the OpenWrt community.

(Last edited by JW0914 on 18 Dec 2016, 00:11)

AFAIK Kaloz isn't employed by either Marvell nor Linksys, he is responsible for the ARM platform in OpenWRT, but this is already off-topic. On topic, Linksys is known to have a broken delivery timeline policy, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

nitroshift

Any news on this?

tapper wrote:

Any news on this?

Yeah, we're none the wiser than we were three weeks ago. Happy Holidays, Linksys!

nitroshift

Looks like it's the How the Grinch Stole Linkmas!

nitroshift wrote:

Yeah, we're none the wiser than we were three weeks ago.

Yup...

Okay, so things were busy at Linksys, but the list has been made wink People will be contacted soon, I just have to gather the mail addresses from the forum database - make sure you have a current one.

Can You noticed all other when the whole emails will be send to lucky once or post lucky once nicks in thread?

Probably few of Us consider to purchase this router as well

(Last edited by silelis on 24 Dec 2016, 21:06)

Kaloz wrote:

Okay, so things were busy at Linksys, but the list has been made wink People will be contacted soon, I just have to gather the mail addresses from the forum database - make sure you have a current one.

Yahoo!

Merry Christmas Kaloz smile

And a Happy New Year!

thanks for the update smile

How many total entries were there?

Kaloz wrote:

Okay, so things were busy at Linksys [...]

New device in development?

nitroshift

Kaloz wrote:

Any news on this?

hnyman wrote:

Any news on this?

Nope.

nitroshift

nitroshift wrote:
hnyman wrote:

Any news on this?

Nope.

nitroshift

Hmm...

I think it was in time for holiday season............. 2018 :-)

Dammit I missed out on this one. I see it just when wanted to get a new AC router and wanted to see what was compatible with OpenWRT. big_smile

napierzaza wrote:

Dammit I missed out on this one. I see it just when wanted to get a new AC router and wanted to see what was compatible with OpenWRT. big_smile

lol it's OK mate nobody has one. :^) not from this comp anyway!

I guess so. big_smile

It seems that Linksys start to send some emails:-)

It would be nice if people who were contacted post here. Thanks.

nitroshift

PS. I'm one.

I am very pleased to have received an email.

I got me a email smile

nitroshift wrote:

PS. I'm one.

Me too! smile

I got an email smile

(Last edited by adri on 17 Jan 2017, 09:44)