OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Asus WL600g

The content of this topic has been archived between 19 Sep 2015 and 3 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

metyl wrote:

did you see any not killed zombie here ?
zombie means that the process is dead already, but still have some of the system resources attached that cant be freed.

can anyone tell me what's new in the 1.0.3.3 firmware (in diff with 1.0.2.8) ?

was the kernel changed ?

Anyway, good job fullbanner, but i still think this shitty broadcom's chipsets does not deserve attention.
They should liberate their drivers or stop selling their "closed hardware"

Yes they should! But i have one of this machines and as long i can compile software i like for this machine, i'm good.

It's better than having one "Router" and one "Modem" to do all the things one only machine does.

Fullbanner, thank you very much for this almost instant reply!

To be honest, I have already found a way of making the root of the HD in any folder I want (sorry for my unstructured English - haven't slept for all night) and I also tested these setting for Russian to be shown properly, but they don't work. sad What can it be I'm doing wrong? Can you, please, check it yourself?

Thanx for the list of setting, I'll try them later in the afternoon.

What about ctorrent? Is the problem of its getting stuck solvable? And I'd really like to have GUI for the Ctorrent as well, so I can't wait for it to be included in your firmware. Any ideas about the terms? smile

And since the FW isn't yet ready, I'd like to share my own solution for faster torrent files adding:

1) Connect using FTP to your external HD, go to the Ctorrent's folder (/var/harddisk/asus/ctorrent/bin) and upload your *.torrent file (better if it's short name).
2) Open your notepad (or any other PLAIN text editor) and insert the following code:

Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
oShell.Run "telnet.exe 192.168.1.1"
WScript.Sleep 3000
oShell.SendKeys "admin" & chr(13)
WScript.Sleep 1000
oShell.SendKeys "admin" & chr(13)
WScript.Sleep 1000
oShell.SendKeys "sh" & chr(13)
WScript.Sleep 2000
oShell.SendKeys "cd /var/harddisk/asus/ctorrent/bin" & chr(13)
WScript.Sleep 1000
oShell.SendKeys "./ctorrent -e 12 -C 8 -p 6881 torrent_name.torrent"

and after save it as Download.vbs file at any place it is convenient for you.

By launching the created file the command window will open, telnet to your box, proceed to the ctorrent folder and insert values needed for download. All you have to do is to change the name of the torrent file to be downloaded and hit ENTER. Voila!:) It'll save you some time and protect you from possible mistakes.

Hope this will help somebody.

P.S. I don't know Visual Basic at all, so don't judge me for methods I quickly found to solve the problem.

You can list me all the commands that you need to automate or a packages of commands (like the script you've written) and I'll include it in my GUI program (but please be patient - it is arduous work...)

TauruS wrote:

Fullbanner, thank you very much for this almost instant reply!

To be honest, I have already found a way of making the root of the HD in any folder I want (sorry for my unstructured English - haven't slept for all night) and I also tested these setting for Russian to be shown properly, but they don't work. sad What can it be I'm doing wrong? Can you, please, check it yourself?

Thanx for the list of setting, I'll try them later in the afternoon.

What about ctorrent? Is the problem of its getting stuck solvable? And I'd really like to have GUI for the Ctorrent as well, so I can't wait for it to be included in your firmware. Any ideas about the terms? smile

And since the FW isn't yet ready, I'd like to share my own solution for faster torrent files adding:

1) Connect using FTP to your external HD, go to the Ctorrent's folder (/var/harddisk/asus/ctorrent/bin) and upload your *.torrent file (better if it's short name).
2) Open your notepad (or any other PLAIN text editor) and insert the following code:

Set oShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
oShell.Run "telnet.exe 192.168.1.1"
WScript.Sleep 3000
oShell.SendKeys "admin" & chr(13)
WScript.Sleep 1000
oShell.SendKeys "admin" & chr(13)
WScript.Sleep 1000
oShell.SendKeys "sh" & chr(13)
WScript.Sleep 2000
oShell.SendKeys "cd /var/harddisk/asus/ctorrent/bin" & chr(13)
WScript.Sleep 1000
oShell.SendKeys "./ctorrent -e 12 -C 8 -p 6881 torrent_name.torrent"

and after save it as Download.vbs file at any place it is convenient for you.

By launching the created file the command window will open, telnet to your box, proceed to the ctorrent folder and insert values needed for download. All you have to do is to change the name of the torrent file to be downloaded and hit ENTER. Voila!:) It'll save you some time and protect you from possible mistakes.

Hope this will help somebody.

P.S. I don't know Visual Basic at all, so don't judge me for methods I quickly found to solve the problem.

yodctcs passes the cache argument as -C 1

Please try that and see if it work's without blocking.

Anyway, great trick for automating the download.

(Last edited by fullbanner on 2 Aug 2008, 15:27)

fullbanner wrote:

yodctcs passes the cache argument as -C 1

Please try that and see if it work's without blocking.

Anyway, great trick for automating the download.

1) I just used the arguments listed by you.
2) Thanx smile

(Last edited by TauruS on 3 Aug 2008, 07:20)

Here it is a prerelese

http://www.rn-design.net/WL-600gA-080808_1809.zip


Everything i have planed is working except ext3 support.

I have added a new menu in the usb section called Services, where you can start and stop some services.

Samba setup is working too.

Yodctcs can be accessed in http://192.168.1.1:8081
username: admin
password: admin

As i have told in a previous post, there is now a startup file where you can place
everything you want your router start when it boot.
This file is located in <yourflashdisk>/asus/startup

Install like the previous firmware

Inside the package there is another package named 'harddisk'
Extract the contents to you flash disk

Update the router with the included file 'wl-600gA-080803_1809'

You can add more services to the list, check the file <yourflashdisk>/asus/thttpd/www/cgi-bin/services

I will still work in the ext3 and webcam support.

If you detect some problem or want to see your preferred software in this machine, please let me know.

Enjoy this prerelease by fullbanner.

One more thing
The directory structure should be like this

<flashdisk>___asus
                   |
                   |_ torrents
                   |           |____download
                   |
                   |_partilha

(Last edited by fullbanner on 4 Aug 2008, 14:14)

fullbanner wrote:
eldar wrote:

Hi fullbanner, 
is there a howto somewhere that describes how can you compile programs that run from the usb drive?
I would like to try and compile some downloading programs, e.g., wget, and maybe also a torrent client.

Also, could you please post the source or diff of the changes you made to the original firmware?

THanks a lot in advance.

I have just compiled 'wget' for asus WL-600g

Works pretty well.

You can get it here: http://www.rn-design.net/wget-wl600g.zip

place 'wget' folder into 'asus' folder in your usb disk

I have also compiled a bittorrent client 'ctorrent'

get it here: http://www.rn-design.net/ctorrent-wl600g.zip

again place 'ctorrent' folder into 'asus' folder in your usb disk

It is so simple to compile programs for this machine

Enjoy

hi, pls could you compile this http://max.kellermann.name/projects/uoamhub/ program? I am linux lame. Great thank you. smile

I have encountered the following problem while using torrents:

http://www.oscyp.x.pl/pen.jpg

PenDrive have 1,92GB Capacity indeed but it has 1,8GB FREE SPACE, not used! It is just the other way about! What is more I cannot start the torrent - when I am clicking "start" nothing happens... hmm (probably because it thinks that there is not ebough space to download the files)

What can I do with this?

oscyp wrote:

I have encountered the following problem while using torrents:

http://www.oscyp.x.pl/pen.jpg

PenDrive have 1,92GB Capacity indeed but it has 1,8GB FREE SPACE, not used! It is just the other way about! What is more I cannot start the torrent - when I am clicking "start" nothing happens... :/ (probably because it thinks that there is not ebough space to download the files)

What can I do with this?

Please try to format your PenDrive as 'fat' using Slow format 2 times using windows.
Then extract the contents of the archive 'harddisk' to it


Be sure you have this structure

<flashdisk>___asus
                   |
                   |_ torrents
                   |           |____download
                   |
                   |_partilha

The folder 'download' must exist inside the 'torrents' folder
and the folder 'torrents' must be directly in the root of your PenDrive.

The torrent sometimes take about 10 seconds to start.

Select the torrent and click the details button
Check that the torrent does't have a zero size value.
If yes, delete the torrent and upload again.

I have tried in windows uploading with firefox and IE without problems.

One more thing
Ntfs file system in this router is read only.

(Last edited by fullbanner on 4 Aug 2008, 22:39)

Brilliant, it works smile

Hmm explain me one more thing:

In the tab Management -- Access Control -- Services I set service http by LAN and WAN availble. When I connect from LAN or from internet I have the password prompt. Via LAN I can log in normally but via Internet the same assword doesn't work... why is that? I tried even standard admin/admin but it doesn' work too.

(Last edited by oscyp on 5 Aug 2008, 01:48)

oscyp wrote:

Brilliant, it works smile

Hmm explain me one more thing:

In the tab Management -- Access Control -- Services I set service http by LAN and WAN availble. When I connect from LAN or from internet I have the password prompt. Via LAN I can log in normally but via Internet the same assword doesn't work... why is that? I tried even standard admin/admin but it doesn' work too.

Wan access to your router is allowed with the support account
By default

Username: support
Password: support

fullbanner wrote:

..

Hi - what about asus html menu version with port 61000 for me smile ?

I am wondering why the guys from Asus didn't write all of this in manual or something...

It is one more problem with torrents. After restarting the router and restarting the torrent download - the download is starting from scratch hmm This machine should have much more RAM memory, starting Samba is like starting slow motion mode...

And another question - why I cannot manage the torrents via internet? I put an entry in Virtual Servers tab that redirects port 6663 to 8081 on the router but when I connect like this: http://my_dyndns_address:6663 it doesn't work.

oscyp wrote:

I am wondering why the guys from Asus didn't write all of this in manual or something...

It is one more problem with torrents. After restarting the router and restarting the torrent download - the download is starting from scratch :/ This machine should have much more RAM memory, starting Samba is like starting slow motion mode...

And another question - why I cannot manage the torrents via internet? I put an entry in Virtual Servers tab that redirects port 6663 to 8081 on the router but when I connect like this: http://my_dyndns_address:6663 it doesn't work.

Are you sure they start from scratch? In my machine they start making a check from scratch, not the download.
You can skip this check by placing -f option in ctorrent-args in Yodctcs configuration file.

Yes the samba takes a little to start. When i got time i will try to optimize samba, removing some unused options from it.

About managing torrents via net, i see there is a file that contains all services including their ports. I will try putting in it the yodctcs with port 8081 and see what happens.

I have been testing some big torrents download and sometimes the router blocks.

I have made some changes to the dctcs configuration and it hasn't blocked since then.

Please try this configuration and give me some feedback.


#sample config file with compiled in default values

#change these according to your system
torrent-directory=/var/harddisk/torrents/
download-directory=/var/harddisk/torrents/download/

#change user name and password
user=admin
password=admin

exit-hours=168
exit-ratio=5.6
cache-size=0
restart-torrents=0

download-limit=0
upload-limit=0

check-interval=1

port=8081

#arbitrary arguments to ctorrent
ctorrent-args=-d -M 20
#url to prepend in the details box
detail-url=ftp://192.168.1.1/torrents/download/

#write-stats=1
ctorrent=/var/harddisk/asus/bin/ctorrent
client-host=localhost:15000
htmlroot-directory=/var/harddisk/asus/dctcs/www/darkside.ctcs.gui/

This file is located in <yourflashdisk>/asus/dctcs/dctcs.conf

(Last edited by fullbanner on 5 Aug 2008, 21:10)

rafto wrote:
fullbanner wrote:

..

Hi - what about asus html menu version with port 61000 for me :) ?

I am sorry but i have discovered that the html server that let's you access the asus menu is part of the 'cfm'

The 'cfm' is included as a binary file, not source.

The 'lpd' that let's you manage the printer is also part of this 'cfm'

Maybe in the future we can make a new menu with a diferent 'httpd' server.

(Last edited by fullbanner on 5 Aug 2008, 19:36)

Hi to all developers.

Amazing work you have done with wl600g (my router too), specialy the portuguese man (fullbanner).

I've a roockie question: When we see the router load it shows #.##, witch  is the 100% equivalent?

Thanks in advance.

fullbanner wrote:

I have compiled but i don't understand how to use this program, what is UO Auto Map? Can you explain ?

Anyway here is the zipped file, extract the contents to the asus folder in your flash disk.

http://www.rn-design.net/uoamhub-0.9.1.zip

Enjoy

Its unofficial linux clone of UOAMSVR (UO Auto-Map) dedicated server for MORPG Ultima Online (game).
http://www.uoam.net/
http://www.uoherald.com/news/

Thank you very much that you copilated program but when I run it wrote this error message: can´t resolve symbol ´getaddrinfo´ sad

Falty123 wrote:
fullbanner wrote:

I have compiled but i don't understand how to use this program, what is UO Auto Map? Can you explain ?

Anyway here is the zipped file, extract the contents to the asus folder in your flash disk.

http://www.rn-design.net/uoamhub-0.9.1.zip

Enjoy

Its unofficial linux clone of UOAMSVR (UO Auto-Map) dedicated server for MORPG Ultima Online (game).
http://www.uoam.net/
http://www.uoherald.com/news/

Thank you very much that you copilated program but when I run it wrote this error message: can´t resolve symbol ´getaddrinfo´ :(

That error is normal. Asus have included the libraries the most slim possible.

Please upgrade the firmware of your router with the one i have posted.

That firmware have included the full uclibc libraries, with all the symbols.

jtorres wrote:

Hi to all developers.

Amazing work you have done with wl600g (my router too), specialy the portuguese man (fullbanner).

I've a roockie question: When we see the router load it shows #.##, witch  is the 100% equivalent?

Thanks in advance.

You should never see those characters.

There should be numbers like these

load average: 0.10, 0.05, 0.01

What browser are you using ?

Já agora obrigado pelo elogio.

fullbanner wrote:
jtorres wrote:

Hi to all developers.

Amazing work you have done with wl600g (my router too), specialy the portuguese man (fullbanner).

I've a roockie question: When we see the router load it shows #.##, witch  is the 100% equivalent?

Thanks in advance.

You should never see those characters.

There should be numbers like these

load average: 0.10, 0.05, 0.01

What browser are you using ?

Já agora obrigado pelo elogio.

I totally forgot to include the charset in the head statement

Please download and replace the file 'services' in the directory <your_flash_disk>/asus/thttpd/www/cgi-bin/

http://www.rn-design.net/services

This is an improved file than the one i have included in the last firmware download.

The old one we need to place the code for each service we want.

This one you just need to place the service after the existing ones.
Ex.

#  these is what it is shown in the page
names=( 'Thttpd' 'Samba' 'Yodctcs' )
#
#  These are the program that is executed in /var/harddisk/asus/etc/init.d/
snames=( 'thttpd' 'samba' 'dctcs' )
#
#  These are the service names that must be running to be considered running or not
acnames=( 'thttpd' 'smbd' 'dctcs' )
#

If you want to add a service named 'best' it will look like this


#  these is what it is shown in the page
names=( 'Thttpd' 'Samba' 'Yodctcs' 'Best' )
#
#  These are the program that is executed in /var/harddisk/asus/etc/init.d/
snames=( 'thttpd' 'samba' 'dctcs' 'best' )
#
#  These are the service names that must be running to be considered running or not
acnames=( 'thttpd' 'smbd' 'dctcs' 'best' )
#

(Last edited by fullbanner on 6 Aug 2008, 06:01)

fullbanner wrote:
jtorres wrote:

Hi to all developers.

Amazing work you have done with wl600g (my router too), specialy the portuguese man (fullbanner).

I've a roockie question: When we see the router load it shows #.##, witch  is the 100% equivalent?

Thanks in advance.

You should never see those characters.

There should be numbers like these

load average: 0.10, 0.05, 0.01

What browser are you using ?

Já agora obrigado pelo elogio.

I'm using updated Firefox and i',ve also tested cat proc/loadavg in busybox (i'm learning a lot with this forum smile ). first i thought the maximum was 1.00 but sometimes the value of last 1 minute increases over 2.xx !!!

like this:

# cat proc/loadavg
2.68 1.24 1.23 4/48 2461
# cat proc/loadavg
2.47 1.22 1.23 1/48 2462
# cat proc/loadavg
2.77 1.32 1.26 3/48 2463

fullbanner wrote:

That error is normal. Asus have included the libraries the most slim possible.

Please upgrade the firmware of your router with the one i have posted.

That firmware have included the full uclibc libraries, with all the symbols.

I am Czech, I need version for Annex B.

Falty123 wrote:
fullbanner wrote:

That error is normal. Asus have included the libraries the most slim possible.

Please upgrade the firmware of your router with the one i have posted.

That firmware have included the full uclibc libraries, with all the symbols.

I am Czech, I need version for Annex B.

I will made it available tonight.

fullbanner wrote:
Falty123 wrote:
fullbanner wrote:

That error is normal. Asus have included the libraries the most slim possible.

Please upgrade the firmware of your router with the one i have posted.

That firmware have included the full uclibc libraries, with all the symbols.

I am Czech, I need version for Annex B.

I will made it available tonight.

Here you got Annex B

http://www.rn-design.net/WL-600gB-080806_2257.zip

Let me know it there is some problem.

Enjoy.