OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Asus WL600g

The content of this topic has been archived between 19 Sep 2015 and 3 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

metyl wrote:

the router has only 16MB of RAM onboard. There is high probability that router will crash with no error message due to lack of free memory
Look from those 16MB i have normaly free is only 600K (not counting cache & buffers).  I Would really like to see how much memory is free for real.

I have checked in my router and the "Inactive memory" decreases to increase the free memory as needed.

As probally you know, partitions are mounted before usb devices become available by kernel so there is a big possibility
that you will not make use of the swapped memory.

I will try this and if i can make it available and useful i will post my results.

If you have been successful, please post your results.

(Last edited by fullbanner on 11 Aug 2008, 16:23)

Megabyte#12 wrote:

Thanks fullbanner, torrents works fine but i don´t have a box "Download with wget" like appear here what i have to do?

Continue the good work smile

If you place a new torrent and you choose the option "Submit url" the torrent are downloaded with "wget"

I have to remove the "Show wget" option and the option to download with wget as this was causing the "Yodctcs"
to crash, probally because the wget takes a little to download the file.

You will notice that when you submit an url.

So only torrents are supported? I can not download zip and exe

Megabyte#12 wrote:

So only torrents are supported? I can not download zip and exe

Yodctcs if for downloading torrents with ctorrent, so you can download but i think not
with this app.

I will post a gui to download any files with wget.

fullbanner wrote:

I have tested starting 2 torrents at the same time right now and haven't noticed any problem.

It we place a very high number of connections in the configuration file of "Yodctcs", most of the time the router hangs.

Please change your "Yodctcs" configuration to something like this:

#sample config file with compiled in default values

#change these according to your system
torrent-directory=/var/harddisk/torrents/
download-directory=/var/harddisk/torrents/download/

#change user name and password
user=admin
password=admin

exit-hours=168
exit-ratio=5.6
cache-size=0
restart-torrents=0

download-limit=0
upload-limit=0

check-interval=1

port=8081

#arbitrary arguments to ctorrent
#-M 20 is the maximum number of connections per torrent.
ctorrent-args=-d -M 20
#url to prepend in the details box
detail-url=ftp://192.168.1.1/torrents/download/

#write-stats=1
ctorrent=/var/harddisk/asus/bin/ctorrent
client-host=localhost:15000
htmlroot-directory=/var/harddisk/asus/dctcs/www/darkside.ctcs.gui/

This file is located <your_flash_disk>/asus/dctcs/dctcs.conf

Router didnt fall off but all torrents still didnt start.

(Last edited by Falty123 on 12 Aug 2008, 19:16)

Falty123 wrote:

Please try starting the torrent with the command line

Telnet to your router

the go to "/var/harddisk/torrents"

then use the command "ctorrent -e 12 -C 0 -p 6881 torrent_name.torrent"

check if the torrent start

Thank you fullbanner. Good work! smile
How can i help you ?
Do You need something ?

EDIT: This router have 16 mb ram. do ctorrent work good on it ? (dont crash router or something else)

(Last edited by Lesiuk on 13 Aug 2008, 18:35)

Lesiuk wrote:

Thank you fullbanner. Good work! :)
How can i help you ?
Do You need something ?

EDIT: This router have 16 mb ram. do ctorrent work good on it ? (dont crash router or something else)

Glad to hear your interest in helping, i will really need some help.

About ctorrent, i have already downloaded torrents with about 5 GB so i think it's somehow stable.

Sometimes "Yodctcs" crashes when we stop a torrent, but that's because "Yodctcs" has been optimized for "OpenWrt"

Right now my goal is to create a writable root system so that we can start installing applications with packages like "ipk"

After this i will need some help to crosscompile all the openwrt packages for this machine.

Hi fullbanner !

Now I use yours last firmware - It works fine.

I must only build dropbeer and pure-ftpd and run  from pendrive.
Oryginal stupid-ftpd don't work stable with large uploads.

Please cosider replace stupid-ftpd by pure-ftpd

Cheers,
Areq

I found another irritating issue, I will try to explain step by step what is hapening:

Suppose that the router has IP 192.168.5.200 and I have FTP-host in my network at IP 192.168.5.216
The ftp at FTP-host is operating on port 21 (and it has not any option to change the data port 20, the router doesn't have either)
On the router I set Virtual server like in the screen below:
http://www.oscyp.x.pl/virtualserver.jpg
Logically I turned off the built-in FTP-Server on router but then my FTP-host was unreachable.
So it turned out that the built-in ftp-server has to be running but I had to change the built-in ftp-server port, for example 20021.
Everything seems to be ok: wherever I am I can reach my ftp-host simply by connecting to ftp://my_WAN_IP and the router is forwarding ports correctly... until the router restart.

When the router starts again the ftp-host is unreachable even if the every option is like I said above. The solution is that I have to go to USB-Application tab in my router and check again the option to enable built-in ftp-server (despite of the fact that it is already checked!):
http://www.oscyp.x.pl/enableftp.jpg
Only then the ftp-host is working again.

So summing up:
- I have external FTP which is working until router restarts
- after restarting the router the built-in ftp service seems not to be running despite of the fact that it is enabled in the FTP Server tab on the router
- when I chceck the already checked "enable" option in FTP Server tab on the router and save the "changes" everything is working fine again

Question is: What can I do to make the router to start FTP service automatically after restarting?

Sorry for this essay but I wanted to be sure that everything is clear smile

Waiting for help smile

(Last edited by oscyp on 17 Aug 2008, 11:14)

oscyp wrote:

I found another irritating issue, I will try to explain step by step what is hapening:

Suppose that the router has IP 192.168.5.200 and I have FTP-host in my network at IP 192.168.5.216
The ftp at FTP-host is operating on port 21 (and it has not any option to change the data port 20, the router doesn't have either)
Logically I turned off the built-in FTP-Server on router but then my FTP-host was unreachable.
So it turned out that the built-in ftp-server has to be running but I had to change the built-in ftp-server port, for example 20021.
Everything seems to be ok: wherever I am I can reach my ftp-host simply by connecting to ftp://my_WAN_IP and the router is forwarding ports correctly... until the router restart.

When the router starts again the ftp-host is unreachable even if the every option is like I said above. The solution is that I have to go to USB-Application tab in my router and check again the option to enable built-in ftp-server (despite of the fact that it is already checked!):

So summing up:
- after restarting the router the built-in ftp service seems not to be running despite of the fact that it is enabled in the FTP Server tab on the router
- when I chceck the already checked "enable" option in FTP Server tab on the router and save the "changes" everything is working fine again

Question is: What can I do to make the router to start FTP service automatically after restarting?

Sorry for this essay but I wanted to be sure that everything is clear :)

Waiting for help :)

I must say that's a strange behavior.

I have tested right now placing "filezilla server" in a local machine and adding ftp entry
at the virtual server redirecting to the machine.

I can access the ftp at the local machine from the wan and i can access the router ftp from the lan.

I have tried restarting the router more than one time and everything works as it should.

So please try reseting your router configuration to default and add everything again and see if it works.

Note: I haven't added ftp data port.

areq wrote:

Hi fullbanner !

Now I use yours last firmware - It works fine.

I must only build dropbeer and pure-ftpd and run  from pendrive.
Oryginal stupid-ftpd don't work stable with large uploads.

Please cosider replace stupid-ftpd by pure-ftpd

Cheers,
Areq

I will check this.

Thank's for your opinion.

Will be ok if I reset the router to defaults and then upload saved config file?

oscyp wrote:

Will be ok if I reset the router to defaults and then upload saved config file?

Please try both.
If uploading the config file doesn't work, try reconfiguring your router from defaults.

fullbanner wrote:
oscyp wrote:

So summing up:

Sorry for this essay but I wanted to be sure that everything is clear smile

Waiting for help smile

I must say that's a strange behavior.

I have tested right now placing "filezilla server" in a local machine and adding ftp entry
at the virtual server redirecting to the machine.

I can access the ftp at the local machine from the wan and i can access the router ftp from the lan.

I have tried restarting the router more than one time and everything works as it should.

So please try reseting your router configuration to default and add everything again and see if it works.

Note: I haven't added ftp data port.

Hi Oscyp

I tested my router on Asus oryginal firmware with built in windows xp ftp server
and I can access my windows xp ftp and asus ftp without any problem-> from wan i lan (after router restart too)

I still waiting for 'stable' fullbaner release with dhcp reservations and configurable port on config html menu..maybe in future.. smile

Rafto

fullbanner wrote:
Falty123 wrote:

Please try starting the torrent with the command line

Telnet to your router

the go to "/var/harddisk/torrents"

then use the command "ctorrent -e 12 -C 0 -p 6881 torrent_name.torrent"

check if the torrent start

I tested ctorrent from command line. I used original long complicate name of torrent file but didnt work. Than I renamed and reduced name of torrent file and torrent started. Torrent has been to download (complete) to directory Torrents. I tryed to download torrent from dctcs. I cleared all date and loaded torrent with short name again and click to start but status didnt to change. Status was "stopped" still. After 3 hours router falled off. I looked at where was problem. I find that torrent has been download (complete) to Torrents/Download but why dctcs status didnt change I dont know. sad

(Last edited by Falty123 on 18 Aug 2008, 07:12)

I have big problem - i need fast response.
I write to you fullbanner at msn. Please check your account.

Falty123 wrote:

I tested ctorrent from command line. I used original long complicate name of torrent file but didnt work. Than I renamed and reduced name of torrent file and torrent started. Torrent has been to download (complete) to directory Torrents. I tryed to download torrent from dctcs. I cleared all date and loaded torrent with short name again and click to start but status didnt to change. Status was "stopped" still. After 3 hours router falled off. I looked at where was problem. I find that torrent has been download (complete) to Torrents/Download but why dctcs status didnt change I dont know. sad

In your web browser in the page of "Yodctcs" do you see any error messages in the bottom ?

fullbanner wrote:
Falty123 wrote:

In your web browser in the page of "Yodctcs" do you see any error messages in the bottom ?

No, there are not errors messages after I changed setting of dctcs.conf I saw error message in red rectangle on the Yodctcs GUI page but only one. I no sure that wrote me but something such as ... "No get wget".

Unfortunatelly it didn't help. I reset the router to defaults and then uploaded saved settings again - everything looks the same. Btw, transfer over WiFi is about 1,4-1,5MB/s - isn't it too slow? 54mbps = 6,75MB/s... I have done some test wit and without encryption and other settings like WMM or Express Technology - 1,5MB/s is absolutely max.... (I have Intel 4965abgn WiFi card on my laptop and it is lying very close to the router, signal strength is max)

What do you think about it?

PS maybe I can paste some log here if it helps to find out what is hapening with my FTP?

Fullbanner plz could compile this http://mundogeek.net/megaupload-dl/ It is downloading files from portal magaupload such as rapidshare. smile

oscyp wrote:

Unfortunatelly it didn't help. I reset the router to defaults and then uploaded saved settings again - everything looks the same. Btw, transfer over WiFi is about 1,4-1,5MB/s - isn't it too slow? 54mbps = 6,75MB/s... I have done some test wit and without encryption and other settings like WMM or Express Technology - 1,5MB/s is absolutely max.... (I have Intel 4965abgn WiFi card on my laptop and it is lying very close to the router, signal strength is max)

What do you think about it?

PS maybe I can paste some log here if it helps to find out what is hapening with my FTP?

I will release another test version very soon, with ext2 and ext3 support. "Yodctcs" is working better. Please wait for this

Also in this test version is possible to mount an external root system.

Anyway here are some stupid-ftp test results.

130 kbs = Kingston Data Traveller, 256MB
600 kbs = Kingston Data Traveller 2 Plus, 2GB
1,5 Mbs = External USB HardDisk, 40GB

These tests where made using wired connection to the router.

Falty123 wrote:

Fullbanner plz could compile this http://mundogeek.net/megaupload-dl/ It is downloading files from portal magaupload such as rapidshare. smile

I'm sorry, but when i download the tar.gz file there is a empty folder inside.

Can you please check this in your computer ?