OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Linksys Cisco E3000 v1 / WRT-610N v2 / Asus RT-N16 hardware on trunk

The content of this topic has been archived between 30 Apr 2013 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

I installed r31134 and it seems to have a problem. I don't know exactly what that problem is because I was not able to ssh in the router but it seems like a firewall issue, just like gregd72002 described it.

VeNoM wrote:

I installed r31134 and it seems to have a problem. I don't know exactly what that problem is because I was not able to ssh in the router but it seems like a firewall issue, just like gregd72002 described it.

VeNoM, right, I do not think this is firewall related at all. The interface itself (way before any firewall) does TX but does not receive any packets (RX). Suggesting an issue with ethernet driver.

Someone posted interesting statement on: https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/6580

that actually looks like "packets bigger than ~100 bytes are dropped

This seems to be exactly the issue I was having - when running the newest firmware I was able to do certain actions:
- could ping (<100 bytes)
- could connect via ssh (in certain circumstances to establish ssh connection it takes only 100bytes per request)

But I could not:
- invoke any dhcp queries (>100 bytes)
- paste text into ssh with more than ~100 characters (>100 bytes); pasting shorter texts worked fine

I'm now back to r29263 and everything works fine.

gregd72002, I did not have enough time to test it so I can't say what's the problem.
I am now using r30776 and it works as it should.

For r30776 I used GK's pacthes from 2012-02-10, for r31134/r31118 patches from 2012-03-09.

VeNoM wrote:

gregd72002, I did not have enough time to test it so I can't say what's the problem.
I am now using r30776 and it works as it should.

For r30776 I used GK's pacthes from 2012-02-10, for r31134/r31118 patches from 2012-03-09.

Sorry VeNoM, I did not mean to offend you. It is great work and keep it up! I really hope that soon we will see out-of-box support for rt n16. Especially knowing that the ethernet driver is being reverse engineered.

gregd72002, relax, I was not offended smile

As of writing following devices are tested and confirmed as working:
    ~ ASUS RT-N16;
    ~ Belkin PlayMax F7D4301;
    ~ Linksys E3000v1;
    ~ Linksys WRT610N V2.

Someone have WRT320N/E2000 for test?

marcomsousa wrote:

As of writing following devices are tested and confirmed as working:
    ~ ASUS RT-N16;
    ~ Belkin PlayMax F7D4301;
    ~ Linksys E3000v1;
    ~ Linksys WRT610N V2.

Am I right to assume that on the dual radio devices, only one of the radios work...?

Cheers.

Is there an openwrt compatible with a Cisco/Linksys E3000?

I have one running dd-wrt for about a year and have obtained another I would like to try openwrt on.

I do not see the E3000 in the hardware list but perhaps it is close enough to some toher model? Where do I start, what would I download?

Bob     bobgoodwin@wildblue.net

VeNoM wrote:

4. These will work http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/brcm47xx/packages
opkg.conf is already modified with this source.

src/gz snapshots http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/brcm47xx/packages
dest root /
dest ram /tmp
lists_dir ext /var/opkg-lists
option overlay_root /overlay
arch all 1
arch mipsel 200
arch brcm4716 20
arch brcm47xx 10

I installed  r30776 on ASUS RT-N16.
It works fine, but there are not packages for 3.0.18 core in http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/brcm47xx/packages
(looks like kmod-w1-master-ds2490_3.0.18-1_brcm47xx.ipk )
Could you make 3.0.18 packages for r30776?

Hi Guys, I need some help building an OpenWRT image for the RT-N16 from source.
I have the lastest SVN ( 31639 ) and the lastest feeds installed.

- When doing "make menuconfig", I select bcm947xx(bcm953xx ). What should I choose on target profile ( b43 default or wl proprietary) ?
- are George's patches still needed?
- is there any aditional package ( like kernel drivers or daemons that I should select ) ?

Cheers

George has put new packages out.

I have some patches (a bit dirty for now) on top of George's patches and have Belkin F7D7301 working. If you are interested look here: http://manojpi.blogspot.com/2012/05/openwrt-on-belkin-share-max-n300.html

It serves my needs, but might have some pending cleanups. If any of you more experienced programmers want to take it over, please do go ahead. I have documented what and why were the changes needed in my blog.

(Last edited by mpillaius on 17 May 2012, 21:21)

I think it would be great if George could incorporate your patches into his own. George´s patches began as RT-N16 only and other router models have been added with contributions from other persons. Have you tried to contact him regarding this?

I will try George's new patches over the weekend.

Yes. I already sent the patches to George. I will see whether I need to update something since George had some new patches as of 5/14. My patches are not that difficult to understand, and so maybe George can add them easily to his future patches as well.

finas wrote:

I think it would be great if George could incorporate your patches into his own. George´s patches began as RT-N16 only and other router models have been added with contributions from other persons. Have you tried to contact him regarding this?

I tried George's patches 5/14
It works fine  with 31709 only (latest trunk version isn't working)

I've compiled r31829 and it worked, but not with my usual config. I had to take things out things like usb storage. The error was that jffs2 was too big.
If anybody has the time to test it, here it is http://openwrt.razvi.ro/attitude_adjustment_asus_rt-n16_svn_r31829_test/. Please make sure you also have the current version you're running for backup.

1. open LuCI, go to System > Backup and click on Generate archive
2. install Asus rt-n16 utilities http://usa.asus.com/Networks/Wireless_R … /#download
3. connect your computer to one of the LAN ports of the router. Manually set your computer IP address to 192.168.1.2
4. plug in the router while holding the reset button on the back of the router. Keep the reset button pressed until Power LED starts blinking slowly. This puts the router in recovery mode, which is necessary to flash using the Asus Firmware Restoration utility. If you try using the restoration utility and the router is not in recovery mode or is not connected it will say, "No wireless device in recovery mode is found"
5. run Firmware Restoration Utility which you installed in step 2. In Firmware Restoration browse for the firmware image and click Upload
6. telnet to the router with putty and set root password with "passwd"
7. open LuCI, go to System > Backup and restore the backup you created at step 1

This works very well with jffs, but should also work with squashfs.

George released yet another patch ( 5-18 ). I tried it with trunk 31835 and it works.

Regarding the size limit, the Asus RT-N16 has 32mb mb flash, so one can create a bigger image. Tweak TRX_MAX_LEN in tools/firmware-utils/src/trx.c to be able to create an image bigger than 7.1mb

Tested VeNoM's r31829 on ASUS RT-N16. Everything works perfect. Good job. Thanks.

Hello,

I have a Belkin F7D7301 and mpillaius was kind enough to provide me his compiled firmware. I'm trying to get usb audio and usb storage to work on it but having some issues.

Originally opkg update errored with a 404, so I changed the opkg.conf to as suggested above:

root@OpenWrt:~# cat /etc/opkg.conf
src/gz snapshots http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/brcm47xx/packages
dest root /
dest ram /tmp
lists_dir ext /var/opkg-lists
option overlay_root /overlay
arch all 100
arch brcm4716 200
arch brcm47xx 300
root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install kmod-usb-audio
Installing kmod-usb-audio (3.3.6-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/brcm47xx/packages/kmod-usb-audio_3.3.6-1_brcm47xx.ipk.
Multiple packages (kmod-usb-core and kmod-usb-core) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-usb-audio:
 *      kernel (= 3.3.6-1-95a9161e0623c9eb4c0a4c6647be5a68) *
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-usb-audio.
root@OpenWrt:~#

I was able to installed LuCI with the above source, but cannot install kmod-usb-audio. I'm getting the above error.
Any suggestions? Thanks

(Last edited by grayman4hire on 24 May 2012, 18:05)

do "opkg install kernel"

Thanks for the suggestion maurer. Same error:

root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install kernel
Package kernel (3.0.18-1-ec08916781e794b45516a7840b9cf194) installed in root is up to date.
root@OpenWrt:~# opkg install kmod-usb-audio
Installing kmod-usb-audio (3.3.6-1) to root...
Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/snapshots/trunk/brcm47xx/packages/kmod-usb-audio_3.3.6-1_brcm47xx.ipk.
Multiple packages (kmod-usb-core and kmod-usb-core) providing same name marked HOLD or PREFER. Using latest.
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for kmod-usb-audio:
 *      kernel (= 3.3.6-1-95a9161e0623c9eb4c0a4c6647be5a68) *
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package kmod-usb-audio.

Have you tried using your usb audo device without installing any further modules? The trx I provided already have kmod-usb-audio compiled in kernel. And that is the reason why you get the error when you try to install from repository. (you cannot install over this module since the kernel option was not to compile as a MODULE). I beive I also included kmod-usb-cm109 in the kernel. So if your sound card uses these drivers it may work out of the box.

Telnet to router and see the modules listed in /lib/modules/3.0.18.1/

grayman4hire wrote:

Hello,
I was able to installed LuCI with the above source, but cannot install kmod-usb-audio. I'm getting the above error.
Any suggestions? Thanks

(Last edited by mpillaius on 25 May 2012, 00:38)

mpillaius, yes I did try plugging in my usb audio device (its the cheapy '3D Sound' $1.50 type shipped from China, which works on my WL-520Gu). It didn't light up and I didn't see anything in dmesg that it got detected properly (compared to dmesg on my WL-520gu). I'll double check tonight.

Here is the content of my /lib/modules/3.0.18.1

root@OpenWrt:/lib/modules/3.0.18# ls
autofs4.ko            iptable_raw.ko        switch-core.ko
bgmac.ko              jbd2.ko               switch-robo.ko
cm109.ko              mbcache.ko            uhci-hcd.ko
crc-ccitt.ko          nf_conntrack.ko       usb-storage.ko
crc16.ko              nf_conntrack_ftp.ko   usbcore.ko
diag.ko               nf_conntrack_ipv4.ko  usblp.ko
ehci-hcd.ko           nf_conntrack_irc.ko   v4l2-common.ko
evdev.ko              nf_defrag_ipv4.ko     videodev.ko
ext4.ko               nf_nat.ko             wl.ko
gpio_dev.ko           nf_nat_ftp.ko         wl_glue.ko
gspca_main.ko         nf_nat_irc.ko         x_tables.ko
i2c-core.ko           nls_base.ko           xt_CT.ko
i2c-dev.ko            ppp_async.ko          xt_NOTRACK.ko
input-core.ko         ppp_generic.ko        xt_TCPMSS.ko
ip_tables.ko          pppoe.ko              xt_comment.ko
ipt_LOG.ko            pppox.ko              xt_conntrack.ko
ipt_MASQUERADE.ko     scsi_mod.ko           xt_limit.ko
ipt_REJECT.ko         sd_mod.ko             xt_mac.ko
iptable_filter.ko     slhc.ko               xt_multiport.ko
iptable_mangle.ko     ssb-hcd.ko            xt_state.ko
iptable_nat.ko        switch-adm.ko         xt_tcpudp.ko
root@OpenWrt:/lib/modules/3.0.18#

Thanks in advance for the help.

(Last edited by grayman4hire on 25 May 2012, 02:02)