OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: Linksys Cisco E3000 v1 / WRT-610N v2 / Asus RT-N16 hardware on trunk

The content of this topic has been archived between 30 Apr 2013 and 7 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

I've been looking for in a network long time.
And FI found this one cool dude!

http://git.razvi.ro/?p=openwrt.git

I successful build like this:
git clone git://git.razvi.ro/openwrt.git openwrt.org.rt-n16
cd openwrt.org.rt-n16
git checkout -b testbuild 7982c5127c9c43ca5fb149b8d6d6d23fa32affbb
sh razvi/build.sh
make menuconfig
make V=99

five ore six cup of coffee and...
DONE!

(Last edited by godjil on 19 Dec 2012, 10:07)

Hey,

So I would like to load Attitude Adjustment (rc1) on my RT-N16 and I don't need / want the WiFi functionality, I just want it for routing.  Would loading openwrt-brcm47xx-squashfs.trx straight off the normal downloads site (moving from Tomato) and then installing LuCI result in a stable environment?  Reading the threads it seems the WiFi is the sole issue people are having issues with.

(Last edited by Tiscan on 24 Dec 2012, 01:38)

loading openwrt-brcm47xx-squashfs.trx straight off the normal downloads site  from Tomato will result in a brick.
openwrt download site doesn't support rt-n16.
you need george's patches applied then compile your own  build or Razvan's compiled image.

2 Razvi: Please, include L2TP kernel support (kmod-l2tp and kmod-pppol2tp) in your next build. Thanks!

Also it would be nice if all i18n packages will be available in repository.

@VeNoM

Is there any changes on the Dec. 30 build? It has the same revision number as an earlier build.

Also, with this release I was able to setup wireless but no devices would connect. Has there been any reports, or has anyone come across this issue?

VeNoM, thank you for i18n packages!

Riddlah, yes I have same issue with wireless.

There is no difference. I just added some packages.
What router do you have ? I am running r34498 on RT-N16 and wifi works. I will try r34640.

I updated to r34640 and wifi works.

I am running an RT-N16 as well. The only build that worked with wifi properly was the attitude adjustment builds. I will reload this and try again and see what happens.

rt-n16 with BB r34640 - wifi works, but only 150mbps.

BTW, I saw some messages about EXFAT packages in trunk, but no packages themselves. Are there sources for EXFAT support in trunk?

Just as an update, after reflashing my RT-N16 with r34640 I was able to get wireless working and it was stable (no dropouts). I was also able to setup a secondary wireless which was also stable. On the previous build it would drop clients after a couple minutes.

Also, I can confirm what dvb15 says with it working at 150mbps.

VeNoM wrote:

What router do you have ?

E3000.

Riddlah wrote:

Just as an update, after reflashing my RT-N16 with r34640 I was able to get wireless working and it was stable (no dropouts).

You do reflash via tftp or from LuCl?

Riddlah wrote:

Just as an update, after reflashing my RT-N16 with r34640 I was able to get wireless working and it was stable (no dropouts).

You do reflash via tftp or from LuCl?

I'm coming from TomatoUSB and I flash it using recovery mode with the ASUS Recovery Tool.

Riddlah wrote:

Also, I can confirm what dvb15 says with it working at 150mbps.

BTW, if I specify "RU" without quotes in the "Country Code" field, I can get only 54mbps. Without "RU" it uses "US" domain.

P.S. Razvi, could you, please, include NTFS-3G packages and build EXFAT with that patch Maurer mentioned? Thanks!

You will also find exfat as a package.

Thanks! Please, include NTFS-3G packages as well to have all possible popular filesystems.

Thanks VeNoM!

Got an old RT-N16 up and running BB r34498 here now. Flashed openwrt-brcm4716-squashfs.trx via CFE (serial-usb cable).

Had problems with jffs-trx version, and got errors about flash: "Not marking the space at as dirty because the flash driver returned retlen zero" and stuff generally not working. Did some mtd erasing and tried squashfs which now works fine.

Hi All! Im new to this forum and im here as i want to switch from dd-wrt to openwrt on my WRT610N V2

Can anyone guide me with details of which files i need to download and how do I upgrade?

I want to be able to connect my 1TB hdd to the USB port and use the router as a media server and also to allow per user ssh logins for NAS.

(Last edited by kishore on 13 Jan 2013, 08:53)