OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: HooToo Tripmate Titan HT-TM05 (MT7620)

The content of this topic has been archived between 8 Apr 2018 and 6 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

moeller0 wrote:

Max the jury is in, as expected, you lost this argument,

<snip>

,ore elaborate and sophisticated arguments ...

<snip>

Tl;dr. You lost your argument thoroughly. AGAIN.

Lost the plot?

The core of the topic concerns personal integrity and not exploiting a CSR that in all probabilty never heard of OSS. But, as that quality is being consistantly ridiculed ('ignored' being too generous) and charges of belligerence fused with chantings of victory are the norm (fascistic even) one can only ask that the proponents of such actions consider how they would respond to same should they be the merchant.

Max Hopper wrote:
moeller0 wrote:

<snip>

<snip>

Lost the plot?

The core of the topic concerns personal integrity and not exploiting a CSR that in all probabilty never heard of OSS. But, as that quality is being consistantly ridiculed ('ignored' being too generous) and charges of belligerence fused with chantings of victory are the norm (fascistic even) one can only ask that the proponents of such actions consider how they would respond to same should they be the merchant.

If I understand your latest rant...
You're still arguing the merchant is still somehow getting "screwed" by them not understanding fully that the router had another firmware flashed to it, and the customer service rep may not know what it means?

Because I can tell you...they actually understand more than you give them credit for. smile

(Oh...and that's based on simply dealing with them for the last 2 years, -since 2014-)
Bruce was (and may still be) based in the China .com site, ...with Mike...one of the Techs., in California, USA.

This was their policy 2 years ago, and seems to still be it now.

(Last edited by HooTooJunkie on 23 Aug 2016, 15:31)

Max Hopper wrote:
moeller0 wrote:

<snip>

<snip>

Lost the plot?

Max, I realize that you started to confuse this technical forum with an ethics workshop (or rather a pulpit from which to preach your ethics). But that is your problem not the forum's. The point I made is, you set out rather dramatically to show that a user of this topic abused a company, by trying to do the same he/she did only with explicitly giving the company less incentive to help, by being not very polite and by explicitly mentioning the re-flashing.
        You actually succeeded in getting an offer to have the device (which I doubt you own) replaced. Since that was not the point you wanted to make/ the answer you wanted you simply ignored the data/reality at hand and want off on your often used not-a-native-speaker tangent that magically always works in your favor wink. So far your data nicely backs up HooToojunkie's description quite well.

There is nothing fascist in observing that you keep flogging deaf horses until it is obvious to everyone (neither literally nor figuratively).

The poor wronged "merchant" in your fable above freely offered to exchange the device in question in spite of your attempt at declaring you tampered with the device. The merchant obviously understands a bit more about how to operate their business than you do (after all they have a successful business, do you?), so instead of applauding them for a demonstration of great customer support you seem hell-bent in supporting your initial hypothesis contrary to the accumulated evidence.

This pattern is what I summarized with you loose arguments and you will keep doing it, because data/reality matters, being correct or incorrect matters, and finally politeness matters*.

Best Regards
       M.

*) You complain I do not act very polite towards you? Correct, but you earned that treatment over time by trying hard to troll me (with rather modest success).

HooTooJunkie wrote:

A gesture of 'courtesy' granted a client is not policy and to represent it as anything other than that is dishonest.

N.B. - as a resident of possibly the most litigitous country, you rely almost without exclusion on conjecture and parade it about as factual

Max Hopper wrote:
HooTooJunkie wrote:

A gesture of 'courtesy' granted a client is not policy and to represent it as anything other than that is dishonest.

N.B. - as a resident of possibly the most litigitous country, you rely almost without exclusion on conjecture and parade it about as factual

Wwwwwaaaaaoooooo.

Do you not recall...I said the customer service rep, Bruce, actually told me this when I told him about flashing OpenWRT on the router, to try.

He said they'd honor the warranty, and replace it, or re-flash it.

I didn't assume they would.  Bruce said it.

And if you still don't want to believe that, even though I've demonstrated my words are not conjecture,
...that's your decision...but ...you'd still be wrong.

The written record reveals that you repeatedly disguise assertions as facts and have provided nothing in the form of evidence beyond your self-proclaimed unimpeachability.

Max Hopper wrote:

The written record reveals that you repeatedly disguise assertions as facts and have provided nothing in the form of evidence beyond your self-proclaimed unimpeachability.

The company rep confirmed it, when, as moeller0 pointed out, you repeatedly mentioned you had incorrectly flashed it...and they still offered the replacement option.

You've instead proven, to me and everyone else on this site, and across the world-wide-web...
...That you're an idiot....!
AND a racist..!

...given your ethnic slur against the Chinese Customer Rep, assuming she/he didn't properly understand you that you altered the router.

I have nothing more to say to you.
It's obvious you need a professional evaluation, and some new meds.
Bye..!

Max Hopper wrote:

Remember, Max, that is a pretty decent and correct summary of you behavior here in the forum. While I dispute that this describes HooTooJunkie's behavior I do want to propose, you either not complain about others behaving like you do, but rather change your behavior so it can serve others as good example. If there is one thing ironic with your attitude it is the complete lack of objectivity and fairness. But do not give up, we will be able to help you through this together...

Best Regards
       M.

HooTooJunkie wrote:
Max Hopper wrote:

The company rep confirmed it, when, as moeller0 pointed out, you repeatedly mentioned you had incorrectly flashed it...and they still offered the replacement option.

You've instead proven, to me and everyone else on this site, and across the world-wide-web...
AND a racist..!

...given your ethnic slur against the Chinese Customer Rep, assuming she/he didn't properly understand you that you altered the router.

Bye..!

You have obviously all the right to stop this unproductive exchange (and maybe we all should there a better things to do), but Max increasingly passive aggressive and ad hominem post simply show that he realized how badly he lost this argument, he is simply not willing yet to officially concede this to himself and the forum...

Best Regards
       M.

P.S.: Why on the world is this forum struck with a troll apprentice, do we not even deserve a fully grown one?

HooTooJunkie wrote:

AND a racist..!

-1 (poorly played labelling)

HooTooJunkie wrote:

Evidences are not slanderous nor are assumptions awaiting clarification remotely racist.

Kindly try to follow along.

moeller0 wrote:
HooTooJunkie wrote:
Max Hopper wrote:

AND a racist..!

Bye..!

You have obviously all the right to stop this unproductive exchange (and maybe we all should there a better things to do), but Max increasingly passive aggressive and ad hominem post simply show that he realized how badly he lost this argument, -->he is simply not willing yet to officially concede this to himself and the forum<--...

Best Regards
       M.

P.S.: Why on the world is this forum struck with a troll apprentice, do we not even deserve a fully grown one?

Hi moeller0,

Well, ...if the -->above quote-snip-it<-- is true...
I'm not trying to gloat over being right.
But I'm not going to sit by and let him defame me without replying.
If it continues, he may be the one needing to give proof, !!

Yeah I'm happy it's still their policy, but I'm not going to lie about it just to entice a member to defraud a company.

2 years ago, The company rep was discussing with me, (thru eMail) functions they could add to the router, and I mentioned access to the Linux OS they're using in it.

Then we began to discuss OpenWRT, and the community here, and how hobbyists like to tinker with it.

I told him I wanted a router that could show a camera...and asked if they could also put a printer driver in their firmware so I could make a wireless connection to my home printer, from my PC or iPad.

...they were really interested in all that.
It seems they still understand...if the customer isn't satisfied, they may lose the customer.
I have no proof of these eMails from 2 years ago...

But the basic past attitude there, of pleasing the customer, is still there...and Max's "test" trying to discredit me,
...proved me correct, at least...that is..if you still doubt my honesty, Max..!

I owe you nothing, Max, of proof of anything...
...because you received that proof from SumValleyTek, themselves, ...and their own customer Rep.

(Last edited by HooTooJunkie on 23 Aug 2016, 17:30)

silentext wrote:

Interesting turn. thanks anyway. need more time and concentration! in the meantime i m getting a tplink mr3040 for my 4g wimax purpose. this one is suggested by my wimax provider. however, after that i may be anly will search for a simple NAS sollution that hootoo original firmware gives. if ur words are true, hope they will not deny to honor the replacement for my openwrt installed device.

however, thanks u for this all valuable time. smile

HooTooJunkie wrote:
silentext wrote:

but i can remove the ipk softs from within luci interface. will it not create spaces?

No it's only looking like it's freeing up room.
But the structure of the OpenWRT file system can't operate as easily as that.

I remember read another post from some other thread where someone was asking to do the same thing on another routers firmware, and the reply was to use the ImageBuilder shown in the folder of the main BIN firmware file.

Within this folder...at near the top...
http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calm … ps/mt7620/

Is a file called...
OpenWrt-ImageBuilder-15.05-ramips-mt7620.Linux-x86_64.tar.bz2     253872471    14-Sep-2015 09:01

http://downloads.openwrt.org/chaos_calm … 64.tar.bz2

That's really the only way to make the file smaller for you.

But asking the GLi company if anything else is needed to get your WiFi dongle to operate with their firmware can't hurt to try.  No need to mention the TM05, just to ask if their firmware is including the USB support for the 4g dongle you have.

Hey...not a problem...this is how you find out exactly what you want.
Good luck.
smile

HooTooJunkie wrote:
moeller0 wrote:
HooTooJunkie wrote:

AND a racist..!

Bye..!

You have obviously all the right to stop this unproductive exchange (and maybe we all should there a better things to do), but Max increasingly passive aggressive and ad hominem post simply show that he realized how badly he lost this argument, -->he is simply not willing yet to officially concede this to himself and the forum<--...

Best Regards
       M.

Hi moeller0,

Well, ...if the -->above quote-snip-it<-- is true...
I'm not trying to gloat over being right.
But I'm not going to sit by and let him defame me without replying.
If it continues, he may be the one needing to give proof, !!

Yeah I'm happy it's still their policy, but I'm not going to lie about it just to entice a member to defraud a company.

2 years ago, The company rep was discussing with me, (thru eMail) functions they could add to the router, and I mentioned access to the Linux OS they're using in it.

Then we began to discuss OpenWRT, and the community here, and how hobbyists like to tinker with it.

I told him I wanted a router that could show a camera...and asked if they could also put a printer driver in their firmware so I could make a wireless connection to my home printer, from my PC or iPad.

...they were really interested in all that.
It seems they still understand...if the customer isn't satisfied, they may lose the customer.
I have no proof of these eMails from 2 years ago...

But the basic past attitude there, of pleasing the customer, is still there...and Max's "test" trying to discredit me,
...proved me correct, at least...that is..if you still doubt my honesty, Max..!

I owe you nothing, Max, of proof of anything...
...because you received that proof from SumValleyTek, themselves, ...and their own customer Rep.

Hi HooTooJunkie,

I was never doubting your report, I only tried to express sympathy for the idea that correcting Max can be tiresome. He seems so resolutely impervious to facts that I have a hard time trying to make sense out of his logic. The fact that he gets nastier when defeated is simply a correlation I observed here in the forum...

Best Regards
        M.

moeller0 wrote:

Hi HooTooJunkie,

I was never doubting your report, I only tried to express sympathy for the idea that correcting Max can be tiresome. He seems so resolutely impervious to facts that I have a hard time trying to make sense out of his logic. The fact that he gets nastier when defeated is simply a correlation I observed here in the forum...

Best Regards
        M.

I'm beginning to see you're correct.
Either he's doing it as an act, or if it's real, he's needing something way beyond this forum, to help him.

I guess I'll just stop answering him.

hey! at last im able to create wifi signal from my 4g usb dungle! but not from Gl-inet UI, but configuring from luci interface! may be, i guess, i can gain it even from stock hootoo, just need a little more knowledge then me smile. in the meantime i m getting tomorrow a little used tplink mr3040, that i dont need now actually! this is called tragedy! Ha HaH smile

silentext wrote:

hey! at last im able to create wifi signal from my 4g usb dungle! but not from Gl-inet UI, but configuring from luci interface! may be, i guess, i can gain it even from stock hootoo, just need a little more knowledge then me smile. in the meantime i m getting tomorrow a little used tplink mr3040, that i dont need now actually! this is called tragedy! Ha HaH smile

Did you actually succeed in getting the HooToo TM05 router with the GLi firmware to work now?

If so...Can you tell us all how you did it?

ok. i will describe it by tomorrow! now i m just too tired for this workflow. though workflow means my ignorance at all! anyway, in the meantime i would like someone will show me a way to revert back to stock, so that i can try it with stock UI. because i m not an advanced level user, just will choose more UI friendly interface, more than this code work!

and, HooTooJunkie, ur words helped me best here!

regards

silentext wrote:

ok. i will describe it by tomorrow! now i m just too tired for this workflow. though workflow means my ignorance at all! anyway, in the meantime i would like someone will show me a way to revert back to stock, so that i can try it with stock UI. because i m not an advanced level user, just will choose more UI friendly interface, more than this code work!

and, HooTooJunkie, ur words helped me best here!

regards

No need to rush with this.  Do it when you get a chance.

And thanks for saying I helped you most...not that I was trying to beat anyone else's help here... smile
...but it's nice to know I was helpful to you.

You also helped me understand that the 3G/4G modem drivers are based in the USB essentials files, mentioned in the wiki.
Also, finding out the GLi Full firmware file doesn't brick the router...haha..!

I also think I'm going to look into the Image Creator (Image Builder) kit.
I may need it myself soon smile

silentext wrote:

Ok. i should thank HooTooJunkie, because he mentioned about GL-inet and after searching i m able to flash to ht-tm05 oem firmware of GL-inet device GL-mt300n found here: http://www.gl-inet.com/firmware/mt300n/v1/ (i flashed v 2.17, because other files are too large. and even after some search i was able to flash ddwrt too following this link: http://www.gl-inet.com/using-ddwrt-in-g … gl-mt300a/

however, i returned to GL-inet OEM software where USB storage support is built in with web interface check uncheck support ( didnt need any tweak at all). and, surprisingly now my usb modem thinks that it is connected with blue light. before this, in no stage my hootoo detects my modem, just red light blinks. but sadly i couldnt figure out the connection because the web interface says that it didnt detect any connection yet.

here are the total pictorial documents that i m playing now. http://www.gl-inet.com/docs/wiki/#!mini/internet.md

but, though my qubee mode says that its a 4g wimax usb modem, there is a 3g interface but only selectable the china and honkong territory. i m nut sure whether i should use static ip or DHCP or 3g. i m stuck here. at this stage, i humbly remember HooTooJunkie! smile

@silentext
I just thought of something important...
If you're using the firmware of the MT300N from GLi, ...their router has 2 Ethernet ports.
One is the LAN and the other is the WAN.

On the TM05 from HooToo, there's just 1 Ethernet port, that acts as both, depending on settings.

If your wifi dongle didn't work on the TM05 using the GLi MT300N firmware, maybe it's because the LAN had to be reconfigured so the TM05 sees it the way it's needed to be seen for the wifi dongle to operate properly.
There may be nothing more to add (package wise) to that other 2.17 or if you can fit the 2.20 in there...it may all be the configuration of the one port TM05 and its interface settings with the GLi firmware, that are set for two(2) physically separate ports..!

Look at the photo of the mt300n here... smile http://www.gl-inet.com/mt300n/

When you have the TM05 powered-up with the GLi firmware, see if it creates a connection to your Mac  computer, to go into the configuration.  You may need to change the Mac into having a static IP on it's network settings, so it can see the TM05 Ethernet LAN.

You need to first make sure the TM05 is actually creating a network with the v2.17 GLi firmware, or you're just banging your head against a wall trying to get the v2.20 GLi file to fit the TM05

I don't think it's going to power-up fully working anyway, ...and there may not be any wifi activated either... if the GLi firmware is still using the original configuration it has for the 2 separate Ethernet ports, so you'll need to find a way into the configuration interface on LuCI and reset the interface settings, and check the wifi settings too...with other important basic settings, to make sure it's working for the TM05 now, with it's 1 Ethernet port.

(Last edited by HooTooJunkie on 25 Aug 2016, 10:44)

thanks HooTooJunkie! i was too late to read ur lates comment.

however, at first i m confirming that, only with Gl-inet firmware my modem works, without it my modem even doesnt detect. there is two part in GL-inet firmware. 1st one GL-inet official UI, where it has some graphical interface and this part doesnt work at all for my part. even after detecting and working the modem, this part doesnt show connected status.

for detecting my modem i needed to work with simply two steps with advanced setting, that means classical openwrt interface. first of all i created an interface with any given name with setting the protocol to DHCP Client and a hostname and firewall setting to wan and physical setting to ethernet adapter to (eth1) and applyed and saved.

after this i have configured the master lan interface to firewall setting to Lan and physical setting to VLAn interface etho.1 and at the same time wireless network master. here i have also selected 'creates a bridge over specified interfaces' and saved and applied. thats all. i found my net connection works with the master wifi.

but at the same time you should remember, the main UI of GL-inet doesnt show the connected status at all. but the main interface helps with NAS File sharing with a good user interface. it is k for this part.

regards,

Hi, nice hearing it still works.
Yes...From your description, I think you figured out it needed to be configured as a single Ethernet setting for both.

It may have been partially connecting before, but the GLi UI wasn't really seeing it.
Most likely because it's "locked" into it setting a dual-Ethernet hardware.  smile from it's own configuration
...but the LuCI interface saw what was actually on the router.

This is wild news.  ..., you able to use the v2.20 GLi file? ...or just used the 2.17 ?
If you used the 2.20 file, I'm guessing you haven't taken out the GLi UI, disable it, ...
and just use LuCI instead?

Yes, ...I'm glad it worked for you...
.. if this didn't work, I was also going to suggest using the TFTPD to load the files for the Stock FW,
..using the direct address locations specific to the HEX address of the partitions, but then realized that may not be known yet, about the TM05.

But if it is known already...you'd be able to tell the TFTP program exactly where on the ROM to put the BootLoader, Kermal, and RootFS (or whatever they're called) smile

I'm curious..how does LuCI look when it detects the wifi dongle?
big_smile

silentext wrote:

thanks HooTooJunkie! i was too late to read ur lates comment.

however, at first i m confirming that, only with Gl-inet firmware my modem works, without it my modem even doesnt detect. there is two part in GL-inet firmware. 1st one GL-inet official UI, where it has some graphical interface and this part doesnt work at all for my part. even after detecting and working the modem, this part doesnt show connected status.

for detecting my modem i needed to work with simply two steps with advanced setting, that means classical openwrt interface. first of all i created an interface with any given name with setting the protocol to DHCP Client and a hostname and firewall setting to wan and physical setting to ethernet adapter to (eth1) and applyed and saved.

after this i have configured the master lan interface to firewall setting to Lan and physical setting to VLAn interface etho.1 and at the same time wireless network master. here i have also selected 'creates a bridge over specified interfaces' and saved and applied. thats all. i found my net connection works with the master wifi.

but at the same time you should remember, the main UI of GL-inet doesnt show the connected status at all. but the main interface helps with NAS File sharing with a good user interface. it is k for this part.

regards,

i m using just 2.17, but i guess it will work even with 2.20. in this case i should sacrifice the GL-inet UI. and only use openwrt classic interface. even now i m just using classic interface, its just an exception when i use a usb hard drive with it and use GL-inet UI.

but, even after this, i will be happy if i m able to find a way to revert back to original firmware. if u find someway, i will be very grateful. in that case i wil have option at any time whether i should love openwrt or only original UI.

will be very interesting turn! smile

if this didn't work, I was also going to suggest using the TFTPD to load the files for the Stock FW,
..using the direct address locations specific to the HEX address of the partitions, but then realized that may not be known yet, about the TM05.

But if it is known already...you'd be able to tell the TFTP program exactly where on the ROM to put the BootLoader, Kermal, and RootFS (or whatever they're called) smile

I'm curious..how does LuCI look when it detects the wifi dongle?

with a screenshot? of which part?

silentext wrote:

i m using just 2.17, but i guess it will work even with 2.20. in this case i should sacrifice the GL-inet UI. and only use openwrt classic interface. even now i m just using classic interface, its just an exception when i use a usb hard drive with it and use GL-inet UI.

but, even after this, i will be happy if i m able to find a way to revert back to original firmware. if u find someway, i will be very grateful. in that case i wil have option at any time whether i should love openwrt or only original UI.

I know...both are nice to have sometimes.
Does the GLi FW support FileServers too?

Because the original HooToo Stock supports it very well, and has good NTFS support too,
unlike some complaints I've heard about the OpenWRT NTFS not working as well as it could.

Anyway..
..is it possible you can post a photo of the LuCI interface showing what it looks like, when it's working with the wifi modem?  From any area of LuCI that shows the modem is seen.
Either the summary page, or the interface area...etc...

You can blank out any private data that may show...look it over carefully before posting it. smile

I'm just curious .. smile

(Last edited by HooTooJunkie on 27 Aug 2016, 17:09)