OpenWrt Forum Archive

Topic: HooToo Tripmate Titan HT-TM05 (MT7620)

The content of this topic has been archived between 8 Apr 2018 and 6 May 2018. Unfortunately there are posts – most likely complete pages – missing.

i have some idea. i guess, the rootsf and karnel file is ok to reflash to revert back. but when i m putting those file to the hootoo using tftp the light just flashes and cannot be detected at all. may be, i can remember, i have updated/ flashed several times with different version of the hootoo original firmware before flash the openwrt firmware. may be, there is a rule, u should only put back/ flash the files from appropriate firmware version that was present before openwrt. now i cant remember which one was present before putting openwrt on it. so, may be, i should try different rootsf and karnel files from different versions of firmware. for this case i should extract the original firmware of the different versions. but i dont know how to. smile

Does the GLi FW support FileServers too?

yes, filesever works just fine. but i have tried just a pendrive with exfat formated. it recognises fine.

anyway i will try to format it with ntfs and will inform updates here. but can u suggest which part of the luci area confilicts with privacy so that i can blur those area? sorry, i m totally ignorent at this area also. smile

(Last edited by silentext on 27 Aug 2016, 17:18)

Hmmm...yes I don't want you to post something that shows your MAC address of the interfaces, or the security settings ...but I don't think that stuff shows anyway...just the MAC address need to be blurred out, or marked out with a photo-edit program or App.

Also anywhere your public IP address shows can be hidden.

I'm also guessing you're going to keep the router now... big_smile it's really fun to have.. yes?
...so Max *HeadCase *HeadRoom Hopper can just shut-up now ... wink ...

ok i m trying. smile

in the meantime i found this from wiki page:

OEM Flash Layout:

$ cat /proc/mtd
dev:    size   erasesize  name
mtd0: 00800000 00010000 "ALL"
mtd1: 00030000 00010000 "Bootloader"
mtd2: 00010000 00010000 "Config"
mtd3: 00010000 00010000 "Factory"
mtd4: 00180000 00010000 "Kernel_RootFS"
mtd5: 00010000 00010000 "params"
mtd6: 00010000 00010000 "user_backup"
mtd7: 00010000 00010000 "user"
mtd8: 00600000 00010000 "Rootfs"

will it help to locate the bootloader or other files location to use tftpd?

ok, no rush, I'm just curious how a USB wifi modem shows as in LuCI,
because I have an idea for making a USB HDTV tuner connection to my router,
and wanted to see what to look for in LuCI, for USB data streaming connections

The addresses showing on the MTD info below May not be specific to the TM05,
but, yes...that's basically it as function, if not actual address locations and size.

Is there one specifically for the TM05?

silentext wrote:

ok i m trying. smile

in the meantime i found this from wiki page:

OEM Flash Layout:

$ cat /proc/mtd

will it help to locate the bootloader or other files location to use tftpd?

silentext wrote:

Is there one specifically for the TM05?

yes, this is for tm05:

https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/hootoo/hootoo_ht-tm05

Interesting...now you'll just need to find the command syntax in the TFTPD, to use the actual address info for each file.
This should put it where the TM05 is expecting it, and not have it where the GLi may put it, if it's different.
I'm thinking both routers may be very similar in firmware, except for the extra packages the GLi has, and the LEDs and other IO pins not on the TM05
And of course...the memory differences. smile

silentext wrote:

and this is the interface sec. :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B17o4 … Uk1THRlSVU

That's wild.  I'm assuming RH is the wifi modem USB stick.

Does it show other info in the summary screen of connections, near the bottom or mid page?
I'm trying to see how LuCI displays it when recognized.

summery screen means may be u r searching this:

Generic 802.11bgn Wireless Controller (radio0)   
[Signal: -55 dBm / Noise: 0 dBm]
78%    SSID: Nivrito-Hootoo
Mode: Master
Channel: 1 (2.412 GHz)
Bitrate: 40 Mbit/s
BSSID: 00:1C:C2:27:92:E4
Encryption: mixed WPA/WPA2 PSK (CCMP)

yes: RH is my wimax modem.

silentext wrote:

i have some idea. i guess, the rootsf and karnel file is ok to reflash to revert back. but when i m putting those file to the hootoo using tftp the light just flashes and cannot be detected at all. may be, i can remember, i have updated/ flashed several times with different version of the hootoo original firmware before flash the openwrt firmware. may be, there is a rule, u should only put back/ flash the files from appropriate firmware version that was present before openwrt. now i cant remember which one was present before putting openwrt on it. so, may be, i should try different rootsf and karnel files from different versions of firmware. for this case i should extract the original firmware of the different versions. but i dont know how to. smile

Yeah...some things need the serial console to see what's actually happening within the chip, as you're sending stuff over, to know outcomes of actions with the TFTPD program...or even the serial console commands directly.

I'm thinking about making a configuration App, for any board using a serial console.
But that's a while away yet. 
I'm still gathering the info I need for it all.

If someone was ever able to make an ALL.bin file, with the entire ROM of the original TM05 stock Firmware, then that's all you'd need to put back your stock FW.
But I don't think that exists, because the ALL.bin that I only know about, came from the Wingspinner's thread dealing with a completely different SoC IC for the TM02.

EDITED...
Maybe you should put the BootLoader into the special area first, using the addressing method of the TFTPD command syntax, then put the two others.

I read that the U-Boot for the stock HooToo, is different, and need it back before it works for the original other two (Kernal and root...)

(Last edited by HooTooJunkie on 27 Aug 2016, 19:15)

silentext wrote:

summery screen means may be u r searching this:

Generic 802.11bgn Wireless Controller (radio0)   
[Signal: -55 dBm / Noise: 0 dBm]
78%    SSID: Nivrito-Hootoo
Mode: Master
Channel: 1 (2.412 GHz)
Bitrate: 40 Mbit/s
BSSID: 00:1C:C2:27:92:E4
Encryption: mixed WPA/WPA2 PSK (CCMP)

yes: RH is my wimax modem.

Yes...that's the one, ...nice..!
This is how the LuCI interface named it?
Amazing..!

there is a software named wireshark that captures from ethernet cable. i have tried just now with hootoo. i see in tftp mode first of all it just searches for a file karne. its destination is 10.10.10.254. for about 10 munites it still searches the same thing. so, may frirst it will search the karnel, and when it completes, it findes rootsf and may be another file or nothing.

Yes, that's true, but if the GLi U-Boot BootLoader is still in there, it may load them to a different area if you don't direct the files to a specific address location.

But you need to load the BootLoader from the original TM05 ROM...first, to properly load, and or run the HooToo root... and kernel file.

This was the case with the wingspinner file,
unless it's not needed to be changed after all...with the TM05
I'm not sure.

But the fact you found out so much about the TM05 and the ability to use the full GLi firmware, is interesting it's not complaining of seeing half the ROM memory.  smile

Besides making the wifi modem work too, is WILD..!!

You've really accomplished a lot in the week you've been working with it...
...you may be "a Natural" at this.
Meaning...you take to it very easily, and understand it all, quickly...given the little bit of info I had, ...to give.

I'm assuming you had some background in this stuff, ...or were studying it before, ...
...because you really have shown very good aptitude for this.

I think you should stick with it, and expand your knowledge of using the compiler, or ImageBuilder kit.
But, that's up to you, of course. smile

(Last edited by HooTooJunkie on 29 Aug 2016, 00:41)

thanks HooTooJunkie smile  may be i will try it sometime! even, i m searching it, very difficult for an ignorant person.

but, now, i m really missing the classic hootoo interface that provides excellent NAS sollution. can we expect any update from any member here? i searched tplink m43040 wiki. it provides excelent how tos for any unbricking and revert to stock. i realized another thing, hootoo is a nice device that dont need a serial cable to unbrick and flash, unlike tplink. this simple tftp solution is excellent.

(Last edited by silentext on 29 Aug 2016, 16:37)

silentext wrote:

thanks HooTooJunkie smile  may be i will try it sometime! even, i m searching it, very difficult for an ignorant person.

but, now, i m really missing the classic hootoo interface that provides excellent NAS sollution. can we expect any update from any member here? i searched tplink m43040 wiki. it provides excelent how tos for any unbricking and revert to stock. i realized another thing, hootoo is a nice device that dont need a serial cable to unbrick and flash, unlike tplink. this simple tftp solution is excellent.

You're not "ignorant" of being able to do it.
I've noticed you can figure out a lot, from just a small piece of info about something.

Do you still have that other file with the supposed original files for the TM05 ?

If so, and you feel you can always install the GLi FW again, if this next stuff doesn't work, then I say go for it.
You have the HEX addresses for the partitions locations of the TM05, now you can experiment with putting the TM05 BootLoader file in to the ROM first...then the other 2, using the exact HEX address location in the TFTPD command syntax...and if the files in that archive are real, it should restore the TM05 to stock FW.

If it does, then I'd also suggest trying to load the actual latest firmware file from the HooToo website,
thru the normal Browser link to it...
..just to make sure you have the actual latest legit FW file installed on the ROM.

Maybe someone with these files will reply here, if the ones you have from that other member doesn't work...or isn't real....but you never tried putting the BootLoader into the ROM first, before the other 2.

Maybe it's still a slightly different BootLoader code for the HooToo routers... This may be how the HooToo App recognizes the HooToo hardware, and not the RAVpower filer server hardware...for example.

You have the HEX addresses for the partitions locations of the TM05, now you can experiment with putting the TM05 BootLoader file in to the ROM first...then the other 2, using the exact HEX address location in the TFTPD command syntax...and if the files in that archive are real, it should restore the TM05 to stock FW.

at this stage i m just stopped smile

can u explain something more? suppose i m using tftpd or, winscp, what command should i create to put a file to a specific address: like what we have seen on:

OEM Flash Layout:

$ cat /proc/mtd

If so, and you feel you can always install the GLi FW again

yes, thats the plus point. i noted it. thanks.

silentext wrote:
HooTooJunkie wrote:

silentext wrote:

at this stage i m just stopped smile

can u explain something more? suppose i m using tftpd or, winscp, what command should i create to put a file to a specific address: like what we have seen on:

I've seen the "PUT" command used in some posts dealing with the tftpd.

It may be like...
PUT 800000 ALL.bin 192.168.1.1
(Just an example...the IP may need to be first...etc...)

It may even need two IP addresses, for the FROM and TO for IP of server and router...
...as well as the HEX address to put the file on the correct partition of the ROM.
I can't find the wiki or other site I saw it mentioned.
Being I never needed to use it, I never paid much attention to it.

You may be able to use the PUT /help or PUT -h  from within the TFTPD program command line, to get its syntax on how to add the address of the partition to the command.
Or try and find the wiki showing and explaining them.

There may be a listing of a complete command set, when you type "help" or "-h" by itself, at the command prompt, to see all commands available, besides being able to get individual syntax of each command.

silentext wrote:

OEM Flash Layout:

$ cat /proc/mtd

silentext wrote:

may be these files will work: https://gitlab.com/BlackSpark/ht-tm05-o … compressed

It seems it's as good a place to start as any other smile ...I can't say for sure, as I'm not familiar with the TM05..

...But ...it looks like it's the real files...

https://gitlab.com/BlackSpark/ht-tm05-o … d/firmware

You can download them all...as a ZIP, with the "Download.zip" button, at the upper right-side, ...
...or separately by clicking on each file...then the download option that shows afterwards.

I'm sorry I couldn't find the wiki with the TFTPD command explanations.
Maybe it was renamed, and the link changed during the years...but it should still be there, somewhere.. smile

There may also be a YouTube video about it, by now... smile seems there's YouTube videos about most everything ...already...!

smile

Do I read this as you have restored the HooToo firmware?????

ha hah. not at all. here is my journey:

1. bought tm05
2. doesnt detect my wimax usb dungle
3. flashed openwrt for experiment as a blind man
4. puzzled with huge but non working options for me.
5. woke up at the reality and realized that its not my world
6. searched for weeks for a way to revert back to stock
7. didnt find a way, but someday i have experimentally flashed gl-inet original firmware
8. surprisingly it completed without error and detected my wimax modem with a little tweak
9. the Gl-inet UI is also offering NAS sollution, so it become now a complete package.
10. but i m missing now the hootoo original UI that gives me excellent NAS sollution with more stable system.
11. that's it. i m at this point now. smile

RangerZ wrote:

I found that page with the TFTP commands.
https://www.microsoft.com/resources/doc … x?mfr=true
You'll get a basic idea of usage with it.

This may be only one of the two I saw, this one was at the Microsoft site,
dealing with the built-in TFTP in windows.

The commands look similar...(PUT ... GET)... etc...
But I still can't find the other site mentioning the HEX address usage command...
..unless I'm remembering the HEX entry from the serial console input...it should still be the same or similar with the TFTP too...
...But I'm not sure. 
(I'll search the commands for the U-Boot BootLoader, to see if that's where I saw HEX entry mentioned.)

I'm surprised no one else answered with the command syntax.
It can't be NO one reading this thread knows the answer... smile

Hey Max...you've got a chance to be a hero to this thread.  Do you know the command usage, and the HEX addresses to load it to?

Or ...anyone else?

silentext wrote:

ha hah. not at all. here is my journey:

1. bought tm05
2. doesnt detect my wimax usb dungle
3. flashed openwrt for experiment as a blind man
4. puzzled with huge but non working options for me.
5. woke up at the reality and realized that its not my world
6. searched for weeks for a way to revert back to stock
7. didnt find a way, but someday i have experimentally flashed gl-inet original firmware
8. surprisingly it completed without error and detected my wimax modem with a little tweak
9. the Gl-inet UI is also offering NAS sollution, so it become now a complete package.
10. but i m missing now the hootoo original UI that gives me excellent NAS sollution with more stable system.
11. that's it. i m at this point now. smile

RangerZ wrote:

(Last edited by HooTooJunkie on 30 Aug 2016, 18:25)

I need help. after im flash  openwrt, and change some ip with wifi off, not i cant get in the GUI anymore, try to hold power and reset button  to reset it not working. try to go failsafe but no luck. use recvudp and wait for message then press either power or reset button but it doesnt ,  is there are anyway i could reset this?   thanks.  use the old ip 10.10.10.154 for tftp to reflash it again but it doesnt connect. any help would be great thanks.